I saw it on Ebay/Craigslist

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Why is it every guy with a spray can thinks he is a saw restorer?

A BUNCH of "New" Stihl 070 s on ebay lately

Where do they come from? Are they really Stihl?

Example: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=300490507311

An arborist on a board in the UK says they are making top notch knock offs in china and he knows because ordered one of the Chinese saws.

Or somebody could have gotten their hands on some of the Stihl 070s that are still sold in Mexico.

Or they could be Brazilian saws.

In any case, none of the sellers are talking. I have had no responses from any of 4 different sellers of the "new" saws in the last week. The only response I got was from a guy in the upper midwest who bought one of these "new" saws from some guy he knew who told him it was original. He ran it a few times for a big job and then put it on e-bay to resell it.

All of the sellers have been in Michigan, Minnesota, and Maybe a Wisconsin if I recall correctly.

What's going on?

SOA

New Stihl 070s

Here is the only e-mail I got, the one from the guy who resold his after one job:

Hi, I purchased the saw at a local small engine repair shop this spring. This guy at this little small engine shop originally had three of these saws brand new in a box one of them he sold about 3 months before me and the last one he said he was keeping for his own personal collection. He fixes and sells new and used chainsaws but he is not a liscensed dealer. He told me he had purchased 3 of these saws brand new from some wholesaler he had connections through. I have been unable to find out where this saw was made. Unless I'm not looking in the right spots it simply does not have a tag saying where it was made. I've tryed looking up the serial number which lead me to another dead end. I called Gary whom I bought the saw from and he told me that the major components like engine would have been made in Germany and Switzerland but the rest he said could be made anywhere because i guess Stihl has manufacturing plants all over the world. I would like to believe Gary but I am always a skeptic so I will keep trying to find answers. I hope this answers any questions. Thanks

Husqvarna Model 359 E-Tech (Mebane)

Husqvarna Model 359 E-Tech Chainsaw. 4HP, 24" bar, auto oiler, compression release. Comes with spare NEW chain, bar oil, tools, etc.
Has less than 5 hours on it. Has NOT been used in awhile. WILL NOT START. Has great compression. Come by and see if you can get it running. $ 225. Call me @ 336-693-7636. Please leave a message if I don't answer. I DO NOT TEXT.

3ne3ma3l75T25Z25P1aba756d07bf1d981bc7.jpg

Back