I saw it on Ebay/Craigslist

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Why report him? Are you the ebay police?
Just add shipping and cost to get a total for you purchase.
It's the same money on your end, and he doesn't have to share as much with ebay (until next month when rules change).

Personally, I don't do this high shipping thing but I have no reason to begrudge anyone else that does. Ebay is a rip-off.

because i play by the rules and i expect everyone else to do so. just bc i don't steal, doesn't mean i should turn the other cheek when someone does. if the seller doesn't like the rules, let him do business elsewhere. it isn't costing the buyer any more, but it is cheating those who play by the rules. and i don't begrudge ebay for making money, they offer a tremendous service to those of us who buy chainsaws.

Stihl Chain Saws for Big Wood 076 084 056 - $400 (Redding)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Date: 2011-03-23, 1:49PM PDT
Reply to: [email protected]

because....they offer a tremendous service to those of us who buy chainsaws.

Neil,

yes, BUY... but when you sell, you get HOSED with fees (They own paypal, too, FYI... :angry: )

Sawbid.com

and they ARE a sponsor. would make a TON of sense for us to start 'working' over there...but NO ONE does.. fees are VERY reasonable too..

i'll call tomarrow and see if he still has it if so i'm hoping he will ship it.if not can someone help me out

If y'all find something in the Baltimore area, I can go fetch it up and ship out. I just snagged a splitter and it's getting a DEK diesel motor put on it. I hope the torque of the diesel doesn't blow up the pump, lol.

Last edited:
HUSQVARNA 18" 45.7cc Gas Power Chainsaw WHOLESALE LIST on eBay.ca (item 280651014992 end time 04-Apr-11 12:51:23 EDT)

What does everyone think of this? $72 and free shipping to canada...which would be about $40.

So this guy is selling brand new huskys for $32 ???? Must be a chi com copy, but still.

I don't want it either, I just thought it looked a little shifty.:confused:

No feedback as a seller, it's all buyer. And he's in Malaysia. Hmmmmmmmmm...

Daddy-

take another peek at the auction...

you are BUYING the option to be ABLE to BUY products from a WHOLESALER... :check: :msp_rolleyes:

Daddy-

take another peek at the auction...

you are BUYING the option to be ABLE to BUY products from a WHOLESALER... :check: :msp_rolleyes:

Gotcha. I started to read all the gobblydgook but got tired. I knew something had to be up. Wonder how many people will pay expecting to get a husky?

Thats why I don't buy saws on ebay, too many scams to fool dumb people like me.:msp_sad:

because i play by the rules and i expect everyone else to do so. just bc i don't steal, doesn't mean i should turn the other cheek when someone does. if the seller doesn't like the rules, let him do business elsewhere. it isn't costing the buyer any more, but it is cheating those who play by the rules. and i don't begrudge ebay for making money, they offer a tremendous service to those of us who buy chainsaws.

I understand your opinion and respect it also, but I do wonder why you think it's "cheating those who play by the rules"?

Gotcha. I started to read all the gobblydgook but got tired. I knew something had to be up. Wonder how many people will pay expecting to get a husky?

Thats why I don't buy saws on ebay, too many scams to fool dumb people like me.:msp_sad:

if u look at his 100% feedback he only bought 20 1$ or less items with cheep shipping.like .50 cents or less as well looks like a scammer to me..

HUSQVARNA 18" 45.7cc Gas Power Chainsaw WHOLESALE LIST on eBay.ca (item 280651014992 end time 04-Apr-11 12:51:23 EDT)

What does everyone think of this? $72 and free shipping to canada...which would be about $40.

So this guy is selling brand new huskys for $32 ???? Must be a chi com copy, but still.

that's pretty much a scam, buyer will receive a list of places that sell saws at wholesale and chances are they wouldn't sell to you unless you have a tax ID number and plan to buy large quantities and that's if there are legit names on the list.....

also looks like they just bought a bunch of .99 cent items to get a feedback score...

Last edited:

FYI if you read the fine print in the add, you are not buying the item pictured!!! You are buying a "wholesale list" which may alow you to purchase items up to 85% off retail..........:msp_sneaky:

As always........... If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is!

Last edited:
If y'all find something in the Baltimore area, I can go fetch it up and ship out. I just snagged a splitter and it's getting a DEK diesel motor put on it. I hope the torque of the diesel doesn't blow up the pump, lol.

lol ok i'll see if i can find anything if i do i'll keep you in mind.but i hope that motor works out too and i have seen them with a diesel motor on them before but i forgot what kind of pump they had though.

Back