I saw it on Ebay/Craigslist

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah....well....

what is the HASSLE of ebay selling worth?
the COSTS associated with listing (take $100 outta that...)
and the HOLDING of the paypal $...

hmm...

J
Hi J!
The total ebay fees run about 14% without an ebay store, which would run you $84 for a $600 item. If you're an established seller they don't hold your funds, you can withdraw them any time you want. If you have a store (which requires you to pay $15.99 a month membership fee, but it is cancel-able at any time, your fees are less). Sometimes the extra added exposure you get from ebay can really help you get a fair price for your stuff versus CL. If you have an item that's not very popular in the area you live, but it is very popular in others, (like an MS660 [or the 288xp I'm selling], which is not too popular in New England, but its quite popular in, lets say... Oregon) It makes the ebay baloney worthwhile.

Last edited:
Poulan "Wild Thing" Chainsaw

Poulan "Wild Thing" Chainsaw

Poulan "Wild Thing" Chainsaw - $10 (Clarks Grove, MN)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Date: 2011-04-11, 5:37PM CDT
Reply to: [email protected] [Errors when replying to ads?]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am selling my Wild Thing chainsaw. It runs fine and I also will include 4 additional chains that are already sharpened.
The gas cap needs a new seal which can be obtained at a hardware store.
Local pickup only.
E-mail me if you want the item.
Thank you.

Hi J!
The total ebay fees run about 14% without an ebay store, which would run you $84 for a $600 item. If you're an established seller they don't hold your funds, you can withdraw them any time you want. If you have a store (which requires you to pay $15.99 a month membership fee, but it is cancel-able at any time, your fees are less). Sometimes the extra added exposure you get from ebay can really help you get a fair price for your stuff versus CL. If you have an item that's not very popular in the area you live, but it is very popular in others, (like an MS660 [or the 288xp I'm selling], which is not too popular in New England, but its quite popular in, lets say... Oregon) It makes the ebay baloney worthwhile.

Peanut-Butter Dirt-bike :poke:

established seller... hmm... I just got an email from Ebay saying i've been a seller for a long time ( 10 yrs...) would this indicate being 'established'?? I know some OTHER members that have had issues with sellers, I dunno, UM not knowing how to start a red & black saw :msp_rolleyes: or straight-gassing a 041 super and then wanting their $ back.....

The 288 was quite popular on the east coast as well, so i've heard.

I GOTTA SAY, WHOA! that's a sexy saw, right there!! :rock: IF I had a need, or spare cash, that'd be a nice one to own!!

I need more info on the store, or really, experiences with a store... can anyone enlighten me a bit.. I have too many PARTS!! gotta unload some!!:msp_scared:

Jay

If this ain't the biggest bunch of BS I have read in a long while!

New Ported Husqvarna 346XP Chainsaw XP Sugi Hara 372 XP | eBay

:hmm3grin2orange:

E-3 spark plugs ,I'd rather lick a 9 volt battery and stick my thumb in the cylinder socket!

sorry I did'nt see that this add was posted earlier on. I've been away for to long!

Last edited:
Have you ever seen one of them e3 POS plugs they look like a lobster or crab claw, How do ya gap something like that accurately??? China Junk I'm sure. I bet the jug's never been of that saw, and he makes his own mufflers from 3 types, funny you can buy them off e-hay just like the one on his saw. I know because I bought one.

E3 plug/ maybe he indexed it:D
32:1 ratio is called for originally:confused2:

TOTAL junk:

158390d1290053687-dscf4669-jpg

158392d1290053687-dscf4671-jpg

see here: http://www.arboristsite.com/chainsaw/154820.htm

I have one I use...

ONLY for testing spark!!!

Last edited:
Peanut-Butter Dirt-bike :poke:

established seller... hmm... I just got an email from Ebay saying i've been a seller for a long time ( 10 yrs...) would this indicate being 'established'?? I know some OTHER members that have had issues with sellers, I dunno, UM not knowing how to start a red & black saw :msp_rolleyes: or straight-gassing a 041 super and then wanting their $ back.....

The 288 was quite popular on the east coast as well, so i've heard.

I GOTTA SAY, WHOA! that's a sexy saw, right there!! :rock: IF I had a need, or spare cash, that'd be a nice one to own!!

I need more info on the store, or really, experiences with a store... can anyone enlighten me a bit.. I have too many PARTS!! gotta unload some!!:msp_scared:

Jay

An ebay store is easy to set up just got to the ebay site and they'll suck... ahem, Lead you, the way...
Gotta watch out if you're selling lots of small parts (with some big stuff too) because the tax laws have changed this year, where if you exceed $20,000 AND 200 transactions You'll have to report the income to the IRS.:msp_mad:

When did they stop making the MS440? (first batch)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=170627514617

STIHL MS 440 MAGNUM

UP FOR BID IS A SCREAMIN 440 MAGNUM ! THIS SAW IS IN EXCELLENT RUNNING CONDITION EVERYTHING WORKS AS IT SHOULD.IT COMES WITH A 28 INCH STIHL ROLLOMATIC ES BAR AND STILL CHAIN . CHAIN IS NEARLY NEW AND READY TO START CUTTING.SAW IS JUST OVER 1 YEAR OLD BUILD DATE 02/2010 .GREAT RUNNING SAW WITH A FEW MINOR SCUFFS AND SCRAPES ,NO DISAPPOINTMENTS HERE.{CHECK OUT THE PICTURES !!} THANKS FOR YOUR INTEREST AND GOOD LUCK BIDDING !!! ANY QUESTIONS FEEL FREE TO ASK.

This guy's claiming his MS440 is a year old!:msp_sneaky:

Just wanted to give you an opportunity to post that vid!!! :laugh: :jester:

I've NEVER seen a windowed 371 piston... :dunno:

HaHa!LOL,LOL. Andrew Bush! I went to school with the Guy playing the guitar!! I have'nt seen that guy in over 15 or 16 years! All I can say is that guy could have a grade 12 class in the floor laughing in seconds! Crazy Funny, wierd but Crazy funny!:laugh::laugh:

An ebay store is easy to set up just got to the ebay site and they'll suck... ahem, Lead you, the way...
Gotta watch out if you're selling lots of small parts (with some big stuff too) because the tax laws have changed this year, where if you exceed $20,000 AND 200 transactions You'll have to report the income to the IRS.:msp_mad:

Hey skip..THAG IS SUCH BULL!!. THEY WANT TO TAX YOU BUT
...Where is the ability to deduct your costs for alll the misc stuff when I buy EVERYTHING new!? Besides, I have MORE belongings than $$; so, I'm gonna get banged if I sell a saw or something bought 20 yrs ago? :angry2:

HaHa!LOL,LOL. Andrew Bush! I went to school with the Guy playing the guitar!! I have'nt seen that guy in over 15 or 16 years! All I can say is that guy could have a grade 12 class in the floor laughing in seconds! Crazy Funny, wierd but Crazy funny!:laugh::laugh:

Trigger- teddyscout found t hat on youtube.... :laugh:

Last edited:
TOTAL junk:

158390d1290053687-dscf4669-jpg

158392d1290053687-dscf4671-jpg

see here: http://www.arboristsite.com/chainsaw/154820.htm

I have one I use...

ONLY for testing spark!!!

The various design 'claw' electrode plugs actually do work as advertised on many types of engine, mostly those with multiple spark ignition systems and pressure aspirated. Porsche spec'd them on several OEM installations, and they DO reduce detonation on some engines.

BUT...

They have NO PLACE on a chainsaw!

Back