I saw it on Ebay/Craigslist

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For the Homelite guys............

email this posting to a friend new hampshire craigslist > for sale / wanted > farm & garden
please flag with care: [?]

miscategorized

prohibited

spam/overpost

best of craigslist

Avoid scams and fraud by dealing locally! Beware any deal involving Western Union, Moneygram, wire transfer, cashier check, money order, shipping, escrow, or any promise of transaction protection/certification/guarantee. More info
HOMELITE CHAIN SAWS - $250 (Falmouth, ME)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Date: 2011-10-22, 2:30PM EDT
Reply to: [email protected] [Errors when replying to ads?]
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

HOMELITE CHAIN SAWS
Assortment of chain saws in various condition. Good for parts or repair (if handy).
Four - Super XL
One - Super XL-925
One - Super 2
One- Super 2 with weed wacker
One box of Super XL parts
Five-16inch chains
Three- 20 inch chains
Four- 28 inch chains
Asking $250.00 for all.

•it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

PostingID: 2663350290

Copyright © 2011 craigslist, inc.terms of useprivacy policyfeedback forum

HOMELITE CHAIN SAWS

Made to run a high compression fan belt on a canooter valve?

Actually, I wonder if the top part has leads for an electric start?
Maybe for running an abrasive cutoff wheel?

Looks like some sort of chop saw or cut off saw with the blade part missing.

Made to run a high compression fan belt on a canooter valve?

Actually, I wonder if the top part has leads for an electric start?
Maybe for running an abrasive cutoff wheel?

The company that the seller states made the mods is still in business, maybe something on their website will trigger some thoughts. That "saw" has ran through Ebay 4-5 times now.

Entwistle Company

The company that the seller states made the mods is still in business, maybe something on their website will trigger some thoughts. That "saw" has ran through Ebay 4-5 times now.

Entwistle Company

Wonder how the seller knows it has excellent compression without a starter rope? Twisting the drive pulley by hand?

From your link Roanoker, I will bet that it was some type of capstan / puller thing - maybe like a Lewis winch type device, based on the other products the company lists. Description says it drives a belt, not a chain.

Philbert

It's got to be a generator, but if the power is out how you going to start it????????????

It's got to be a generator, but if the power is out how you going to start it????????????

Look closely at the powerhead. It has the RH-side starter assembly (built into the clutch cover) from earlier X-10 family saws. Just missing the rope in this case. If it was all intact (with rope), then there's how you'd start it.

The RH starter is strange in this case. A 'regular' PM700 has a LH starter setup on the flywheel cover. Why they decided to run the older RH starter setup is a mystery. The RH starter side requires that big 'ol clutch cover and a special clutch with the pawls and springs in it. Why not just run the LH starter? Who knows???

Latest posts

Back