I saw it on Ebay/Craigslist

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There's people who want a saw of some size to do some work, then there are "collectors". Collectors will always pay more for a widget that fits their collection, than a brand x similar widget with the wrong name on it. Just how it goes.

2012 muscle car with a macho name on it, some animal or another. A 60s muscle car brand new barn find 4.2 miles on it immaculate shape....the new car will be better in all aspects, more stock horsepower and torque, better handling, double the mileage, tons more creature comforts, etc... the old NIB model will fetch more money from a collector. Eventually. the seller may have to wait, but if they ain't sweating the money right now, they can wait until next year or the next year or the next year, eventually they will get their price as the old stuff gets older and rarer.

The only time this changes is when a society collapses, then the antiques/collectors market shoots to the basement and more practical stuff (like food) becomes more valuable.

I agree on most of this. I don't think an 021 will ever be a collector's item though. We're not talking muscle cars here. More like a 4 cylinder Corsica with hand crank windows. There will drillions of them made, and they're nothing special in the first place. The one 1123 series that will be of interest someday is the 023L. Mine probably will be worthless by then, as I love running it.

That guy is 20 minutes from my house. I am tempted to get that saw for some brick and block projects I have on my list. Are they any good and is that a competitive price. I am only familiar with Stihl.

There is a reason that most folks call any cutoff saw a Partner saw. They were useally the best cut off saws over time.

$250? Crikey. It'll be interesting to see who's making those things. If they stock them in the stores I'll be sure to take a look. May be online only..........so if unless somebody actually buys one of 'em, we'll never know the origin of these saws........ I wonder if they're related to the recent chinese "mcculloch" chainsaws like the POS Mark was recently fixing for a friend.....

The EB that needed the Sprocket? That saw was a older model built before Husqvarna took control of the McCulloch name. The Remington name is also controlled by Husqvarna.

I saw them at Menards today and they don't look as nice as the Poulan 2050 one that Modified Mark wrote up about. On the surface to me it looked very cheap. Strange spring pull cord to start system (kind of like easy start on Dolmar, not a fan of this on my 5105).

It does not have safety chain though which surprised me.

It is strange to see a saw come without safety chain nowadays. I have a McCulloch XM-40 saw here with the spring loaded starter system, it actually seems to work well but it takes some getting used to.

MTD is also controlled by Husqvarna, seems that everything is going that way anymore.

Last edited:
There is a Stihl 090G in New England

There is a Stihl 090G in the Northshore/Boston craigslist ads. $1,400

The EB that needed the Sprocket? That saw was a older model built before Husqvarna took control of the McCulloch name. The Remington name is also controlled by Husqvarna.

Yep. That's the saw that I was thinking of Johnnie. IIRC Mark said the saw was only a couple years old. When did the Husqvarna group (or whatever they're called now) take control of the McCulloch name?

It is strange to see a saw come without safety chain nowadays. I have a McCulloch XM-40 saw here with the spring loaded starter system, it actually seems to work well but it takes some getting used to.

I was also very surprised to read that the chain wasn't the 'safety' type.:confused:

MTD is also controlled by Husqvarna, seems that everything is going that way anymore.

Don't get me started on MTD. Cub Cadet and Troy Built (and others) were MUCH better brands before MTD got their mits on them......:bang:

Forget the price did you see the shipping. This is of course ludicrous, I would not pay that much for a vintage Ferrari engine let alone a 1 cylinder Homelite engine. It may be worth that much if the entire engine were made of GOLD.

I hadn't seen the shipping costs. The BIN prices were shocking enough......:hmm3grin2orange:

small engine repair inventory

small engine repair inventory

minneapolis craigslist
small engine repair inventory (hager city red wing area)

Date: 2012-04-28, 6:40PM CDT
Reply to: [email protected] [Errors when replying to ads?]

We have thousands of parts. Gaskets blades.thatchers, Tubes. starters recoils pulleys throttle cables sprockets wheels baggers air filters,tires, mulcher kits, chain saw parts, weed whip parts, push mower parts,rider parts, repair books, 60 gallon air compressor, spark plugs, some slat wall and hooks, all parts are new in original bags or boxes, all brands were serviced here, there is tons of parts and must sell to make more room

pictures shown are just a few boxes of stuff, theres is so much to list and to picture

6513800334. heath

Latest posts

Back