I saw it on Ebay/Craigslist

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Unfortunately, it's definitely not in the budget for me Mark. One of our esteemed colleagues has expressed interest in it though. I may be picking it up for him tomorrow if all goes well.

Maybe I’ll take a few vids of it cutting (with his permission) before it's shipped.

.. the ONE time I keep my mouth shut ...... :bang:

If you look at the d-comp, its in the right place for the SP125, the CP uses a different d-comp and did have a cylinder that could be bored. I'm betting that most SP125s didn't have the iron cylinder, at least the dozen or so I've owned didn't.

The chrome-lined cylinder is designated as the SP-125c...and those were the best runners of that series. However, there are lots of SP-125 jugs with iron liners. I have six of them myself.

Last edited:
Running C9 Homey for $100: vintage chainsaw
:cheers:

Interesting. I wonder what the MN/SN tag sez. The fuel tank has "C9" on it......but the saw has the red starter housing, AF cover, and clutch cover from a C7. A C9 or C91 would have a green starter, AF cover, and clutch cover.

The saw also has a flat reed intake manifold as used on a C5/51/52, C7/71/72, or LATE C91. A C9 and most C91's (up to a specified serial #) would have the four petal pyrramid reed setup.....which this saw doesn't have. It's a frankensaw, and can't be possitively identified as a C9 without measuring the bore AND stroke.

Back