I saw it on Ebay/Craigslist

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Heavy Man, like groovy...
images

[url]http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Chainsaw-Heavy-Man-Oiler-Brass-Oil-Plug-/261226499539?pt=US_Chainsaws&hash=item3cd2500dd3[/URL]

Buderus Convertible Boiler >>Logana<< 02.40 Model 40

The add is gone now, but it was listed a month and a half ago in the Hartford cl for sale. Been looking for a "reasonably" priced used wood-fired boiler for a while now, so I gave him a call. Long story short, the boiler was installed in parallel with an oil fired cast iron boiler about 25 years ago (original Operators Manual is dated January 1984) ... ran for a few years, and then sat - under pressure for the last 20. He was looking for $1500. I said no way, and walked. Four weeks go by and he calls me ... "If I give you the boiler, will you take it out for free?" Ha, sure I said. Took me a few days to get the troops together for this removal job, but we tackled it this past Wednesday! Heavy hunk of iron ... 876 pounds to be exact ... thank god for a walk-out basement!
Now all I need is a good used 500g propane tank for thermal storage :clap: ... and maybe I'll get this beast installed this summer :rock:

The add is gone now, but it was listed a month and a half ago in the Hartford cl for sale. Been looking for a "reasonably" priced used wood-fired boiler for a while now, so I gave him a call. Long story short, the boiler was installed in parallel with an oil fired cast iron boiler about 25 years ago (original Operators Manual is dated January 1984) ... ran for a few years, and then sat - under pressure for the last 20. He was looking for $1500. I said no way, and walked. Four weeks go by and he calls me ... "If I give you the boiler, will you take it out for free?" Ha, sure I said. Took me a few days to get the troops together for this removal job, but we tackled it this past Wednesday! Heavy hunk of iron ... 876 pounds to be exact ... thank god for a walk-out basement!
Now all I need is a good used 500g propane tank for thermal storage :clap: ... and maybe I'll get this beast installed this summer :rock:

Keep your eye out in the local scrap yards. Usually some kind of tank will roll through that you can use. Out here the Amish use tanks for air storage. They use a gasoline compressor to run their wells and many air motor tools in their workshops.

nice find good luck with the project.

God, you almost gave me a heart attack. I bought a Buderus around 1984 and used it first for wood but then switched to coal. I lived in Southington but it was hooked up to a gas fired boiler, not oil.

Latest posts

Back