I saw it on Ebay/Craigslist

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This was yanked right under me.

Stihl 290 20" Chainsaw

I arranged last night, by phone, about 45 min after it was listed, to make the drive, to buy it sight unseen. Said I would call first thing. Called at 6am and 610am, with no answer. He said I could call at 6. Well, I decide to go ahead and drive to work. From work, I call at 8am, talked to the wife, and its still available, and reminded her of my name, and asked for the address, and said I would be by to get it, as soon as I get off work. I get off work at 630pm, getting in my truck, to drive there, and the wife calls to tell me its sold. Argh. I understand someone not wanting to hold a craigslist item for a stranger, but I spoke with him at length, and hoped he would at least give me first shot at it. Oh well.

I know it's sour grapes for you on the 290 but for me when I list stuff it is the first one with cash in hand that gets it.

After selling few thing on Craig's list I have found a lot of people say they are coming to show up and never do so it sells once cash is in hand. You can promise me the moon but until you put it in my hand will I believe you have it.

Dealing with people on Craig's list is strange for sure. Some people are very nice upfront and others I don't feel comfortable even telling them the town I live in:msp_scared:

Dealing with people on Craig's list is strange for sure. Some people are very nice upfront and others I don't feel comfortable even telling them the town I live in:msp_scared:

And why I don't give them my address most of the time. We meet in the parking lot somewhere like a drug dealer... like were going to get caught doing something bad. Even had the cops called on me because that's what they thought, we were doing something bad.

"This is the police, step out of the truck and away from the chainsaw... NOW". What an adrenalin rush and you guys thought running the saw was the best part!

Nothing like an 064 for $150 and a cop wanting to blow your head off.

And why I don't give them my address most of the time. We meet in the parking lot somewhere like a drug dealer... like were going to get caught doing something bad. Even had the cops called on me because that's what they thought, we were doing something bad.

"This is the police, step out of the truck and away from the chainsaw... NOW". What an adrenalin rush and you guys thought running the saw was the best part!

Nothing like an 064 for $150 and a cop wanting to blow your head off.

Pictures or it didn't happen. Were you in Norfolk?

Pictures or it didn't happen. Were you in Norfolk?

No, I live in Virginia Beach. Met the guy in a parking lot and had my daughter with me. What drew attention was he was late and we sat for quite a while. He whips in, make the trade and when I go to pull out, cop blocks me. Daughter was a little scared and blabbed it to the old lady. Last time I take the kid on parking lot deals!!

Was on a trip to Seattle for Navy training last year. Saw a post on CL for a saw in Shelton Washington and did the deed in the parking lot and got stopped that time too. Maybe I look like a junkie :dizzy:

I meet in a remote location just as you stated as well. Not had the police called on me yet. I could see how it looks strange though. Last thing I want is selling a $50 saw Poulan saw and allowing someone to cruise around in my garage.

I meet in a remote location just as you stated as well. Not had the police called on me yet. I could see how it looks strange though. Last thing I want is selling a $50 saw Poulan saw and allowing someone to cruise around in my garage.

And seeing all the saws and tools.... makes your house a target for a robbery!

I always have my two friends with me "Smith & Wesson".

That's how I roll, also practiced him and his friends at the range yesterday with my son:clap:

:D
100_0831.jpg

Latest posts

Back