I saw it on Ebay/Craigslist

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Don't be to quick on the BIN button. I purchased this saw and after seeing it in my hands...:(
I don't think I can do anything about it either.
Stihl Chainsaw 066 MS660 | eBay

After looking at the ad again, it clearly has a broken case AND is far from the description! What would you do?

You could always contact the seller and see what they'll do. If not file a case. I hate cases but if you have a legit claim.

I had someone file a case on a lens due to a "back focus" issue which they did not have to prove and Bay sided with them. Got lens back, it was fine. That site is a mess for a seller.

Rick

You could always contact the seller and see what they'll do. If not file a case. I hate cases but if you have a legit claim.

I had someone file a case on a lens due to a "back focus" issue which they did not have to prove and Bay sided with them. Got lens back, it was fine. That site is a mess for a seller.

Rick

Rick,
I have bought and sold so may times and guess I've been lucky until now. Read the description and look at the pictures. Now that I have the saw in hand, the case is clearly broken and it is in the picture as well, PTO side shot, bottom under the oil pump. BUT the description say's it a good saw. I should have looked closer AND I won't be buying from him again!!

Rick,
I have bought and sold so may times and guess I've been lucky until now. Read the description and look at the pictures. Now that I have the saw in hand, the case is clearly broken and it is in the picture as well, PTO side shot, bottom under the oil pump. BUT the description say's it a good saw. I should have looked closer AND I won't be buying from him again!!

It says "good saw" but it doesn't say it has a good crankcase. I almost pulled the trigger myself until I saw the case was busted on the PTO side- and the busted brake cover was the first clue.

The one thing a person should always be wary of- is when a seller mentions that they rebuild saws but is selling 'this' parts saw because they have too many. There's always another reason hidden in there.

It says "good saw" but it doesn't say it has a good crankcase. I almost pulled the trigger myself until I saw the case was busted on the PTO side- and the busted brake cover was the first clue.

The one thing a person should always be wary of- is when a seller mentions that they rebuild saws but is selling 'this' parts saw because they have too many. There's always another reason hidden in there.

I have a case, just didn't expect to use it just yet. It was late and stuff... I'll make it a runner again and still make a profit.

Back