I scored 2 dolmars!! 7300 and 7400

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ducksnuff870

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
Well i snatched a 7900 for $450 its had a new carb put on and fairly new jug and rings, new crank bearings as well. I also snatched a 7300 for $250!! I also picked up a 36" bar with 4 chains for $115. I have no use for it but oh well. The big question is do I keep my stihl 036 pro?? My significant other might kill me for all of this. mind you im a small time firewood dealer lol.

Nice score, lucky ###. I'd love to be able to find 7300s for $250, I'd be all over that.

Sell the 7300 and keep the 036, which is light enough to serve for limbing.

Wheres your sales training Neal?

You should suggest he sell the 036 and buy a much better small saw.....like....ummmm maybe a 346xp?...the bars match and all that good stuff....

Hehe....from the chronicles of "rich dad, poor dad" for saws book.

Where's the Dolmar 7400?
Hmmm, must've been a typo :(
The 7400 was the only reason I clicked on this thread :mad2:
You two just had to be ornery did ya... :MSP_sneaky:

Well i snatched a 7900 for $450 its had a new carb put on and fairly new jug and rings, new crank bearings as well. I also snatched a 7300 for $250!! I also picked up a 36" bar with 4 chains for $115. I have no use for it but oh well. The big question is do I keep my stihl 036 pro?? My significant other might kill me for all of this. mind you im a small time firewood dealer lol.
You're new so I'll let it go that you didn't post pictures... We love us some pics and videos here on AS so when you get something new the policy is to put a pic up. :)

You did well to get a couple Dolmars, they are very nice firewood cutters! The 7900 should pull that 36inch bar without much stress and you'll find a use for it some where. I used to think I wouldn't need a 30inch bar and now have regular requests from friends for felling and bucking since I have a 36inch bar.

To comment on the above comments... I would probably sell the 7300 or the 036pro and get a nice light limber saw. The 036pro will bring a nice sum of money if you ebay it; probably enough to buy a new 30-40cc limber saw. Technically I would advise to go all one brand (or two brands with same bar mount), but I don't know how many or how long all your bar and chain set ups are. Also when you get down into the 30-40cc limber saws you'll probably be running smaller mount bars anyhow. I would think a 30-40cc limber saw with 14inch bar, 036-7300 with 20inch bar, and the 7900 with 24-36inch bar is a very nice set up!

Since you are a Dolmar owner and have a Stihl you might want to PM Steve (Steve NW WI), he has been laser cutting bar adapters that will allow you to use the Stihl bars on your Dolmars. Good to have flexibility through interchangeability :wink2:

Also don't cheap out on 2cycle mix! Buy a good quality full or semi synthetic mix. It will help protect those saws more than any thing else!

NICE CAD SCORE! :rock:

We don't truly believe until we see. Pics or it didn't happen. :popcorn:

That right there is some funny **** man !!!

With an inboard clutch??? That's crazy talk...

Where's my dis-like button when i need it...

I'm with neil on this one. I don't care if it has an inboard clutch or not... I just built a 036pro for my FIL and after using it for 3-4 weekends of cutting all day I wanted to keep the dang thing for myself. They do have good sideways balance. I'm not saying they have the best but they surely have better balance and handling than about 75% of the saws i've run...

Where's my dis-like button when i need it...

I'm with neil on this one. I don't care if it has an inboard clutch or not... I just built a 036pro for my FIL and after using it for 3-4 weekends of cutting all day I wanted to keep the dang thing for myself. They do have good sideways balance. I'm not saying they have the best but they surely have better balance and handling than about 75% of the saws i've run...

Maybe you didn't pick up on the sarcasm in my post :)

View attachment 280290 here is the 7900. I will post other saw pics later. The 36" bar is a stihl yellow tip.I have machined adaptor to run stihl bars.I run opti-2 in my saws. It comes in a plastic tube, sposed to be fine for any ratio. I talked to a guy that works for a rental company he swares by the stuff and so does my saw mechanic. But lets here it from you haters...

I have 16",20" and 2 24" inch bars. I also have a olympyk 241 with a 14" bar for limbing she's old but man she runs.

Back