I seek your wisdom: Tree hung up in another tree

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I agree. At least you dont have to chisel the heat off the equipment. I'll take a plain old budweiser though.

You want the heat! You can't handle the heat!

attachment.php

Apparently I can't handle it either!

Thats funny oomt. I worked in south FL (Fort Lauderdale) when I was younger... I could handle it then. I'm not so sure about these days though.

In the summer, when it gets real hot up here, I regularly have guys tell me that I'm a freak because I dont drink or eat anything all day. I just get focused on the task at hand I guess - cut tree, get check.

Thats funny oomt. I worked in south FL (Fort Lauderdale) when I was younger... I could handle it then. I'm not so sure about these days though.

In the summer, when it gets real hot up here, I regularly have guys tell me that I'm a freak because I dont drink or eat anything all day. I just get focused on the task at hand I guess - cut tree, get check.

Cut tree, get check.

I laughed at that one. Guess that sentiment knows no national boundaries!

To be honest I would love to work in snow but only for the experience. Screw that for a full time job!

Strap about 50 of these to your head, arms, legs, and chest, head for the nearest sand dune, and then start dragging brush through the sand to your chipper.

attachment.php

That will be about the same as dragging brush through the snow. Except the air will be warmer and you won't form icicles on your mustache/beard/face mask.

ok, I agree. Why I said cocky mixed with experience. :D

My motto thing is mostly a screen for wannabe climbers. I see a lot of stupidity in this business traveling, and seen way too often what saws and trees do to the human body. sorry to come across so strong, I'm snowed in AGAIN, and frustrated.

It's all good. It's just good to be grounded when working with trees, you know?

Strap about 50 of these to your head, arms, legs, and chest, head for the nearest sand dune, and then start dragging brush through the sand to your chipper.

attachment.php

That will be about the same as dragging brush through the snow. Except the air will be warmer and you won't form icicles on your mustache/beard/face mask.

Except for walking/working on the :censored: Ice.

Except for walking/working on the :censored: Ice.

Ah Hah! Wear roller skates while you are dragging the brush through the sand! Hit any pavement, and awaaaay you go! Just like the ice.

Quite frankly, I don't do tree work in the snow for reasons listed above. It just isn't worth it, normally. If I actually had any tree work to do right now, I would consider it.

Last edited:
No real openings in the Meth business. They were probably doing a much better business in meth than they were in the tree business.

If you believe the reports, there are more meth dealers in Missouri than anywhere else in the country. So in addition to being super-saturated with tree trimming companies, we are also super-saturated with meth dealers.

This particular company was 38 miles away in Lawrence, Ks. So even if I was in the meth business, none of their customers would come in to see me. Now if I was willing to move, I know where there is a great location for that type of business. :)

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back