I think I figured it out!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
cool.....

seriously Andy, a 036/MS360 would be a good runner if you could find a decent one. I just sold one that was like new that would have been a good canidate.

As far as the 5100....I have had 350's and had a 262xp for a while. I wasn't impressed with them in stock form like everyone raves about them. The 5100 is lighter and fast.

I buy up saws, run them for a while and get rid of them if they ain't up to par...the 5100 is still here...

Pssst, got a 359 I'll sell you that runs real good in modded form, or can swap it back to stock so you can join the 359 sucks threads!

If that doesn't do it for ya,

a 440 with a 460 topend makes a nice 60cc midrange saw for the arsonel!

cool.....

seriously Andy, a 036/MS360 would be a good runner if you could find a decent one. I just sold one that was like new that would have been a good canidate.

As far as the 5100....I have had 350's and had a 262xp for a while. I wasn't impressed with them in stock form like everyone raves about them. The 5100 is lighter and fast.

I buy up saws, run them for a while and get rid of them if they ain't up to par...the 5100 is still here...

Pssst, got a 359 I'll sell you that runs real good in modded form, or can swap it back to stock so you can join the 359 sucks threads!

If that doesn't do it for ya,

a 440 with a 460 topend makes a nice 60cc midrange saw for the arsonel!
I just told my wife to slap me, if I ever thought of buying a saw from you:laugh:

here you are thinking about yourself when you should be thinking about us! :hmm3grin2orange:
I think you are on the right track with a larger saw. You still have that 350 for a small saw? I don't think any other 50cc saw is going to wow you. Others are probably better but not that much better. 60cc is too close to your other saws. You will either pick up the 046 or the 350. That leaves another 460, or 372, 7900, 660. Any others you thinking about?
Dok

I have honestly been kicking around the 359 idea Freak, but I just don't think I will be happy in hardwood again with a 60cc saw, whatever it is!!!I have become spolied!! I am used to "bliping" the throttle on 4" wood and coasting through it!!! (No, I am not kidding!!)
I'm half tempted to put .404 on the one you built, and get a semi stock one with 3/8"s on it.

I have honestly been kicking around the 359 idea Freak, but I just don't think I will be happy in hardwood again with a 60cc saw, whatever it is!!!I have become spolied!! I am used to "bliping" the throttle on 4" wood and coasting through it!!! (No, I am not kidding!!)
I'm half tempted to put .404 on the one you built, and get a semi stock one with 3/8"s on it.

Then just get a 044 or 440 with a 20' and call it good to go. As much as I love my 372, the 440 gets used the most as the go to saw. Seems to be perfect with a 20" on it in harwoods. Off coarse, mine isn't stock...lol

The 036 had an 18"

the 5100 gets a 13" or 16"

the 7900 wears a 24" and the 372 is basically just for play anymore.

Buy an 880 and put a 16" b/c on it with a 9-pin. That's all AS will be talking about for days. Either how it destroys wood or the operator. Either way we'll have something to talk about and possibly hoist a :cheers: to.

I wonder, HMMMMMMMMMMM........................................

How much modding you reckon it would take on the back of a 16" bar to get it on a 460?

Latest posts

Back