Think I want to sell 359 for a 036/MS360/1

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have a great running 359 that I bought new. I took the jug off this summer to replace the plastic boot clamp with a metal one and the piston and bore were still like new. I replaced the diaphragm with a tan one and drilled the cover a while back after that Treemonkey video I saw. Ported muffler too. It runs well and wears a 24” bar for extra reach, not burying in big wood.

I just have never really loved the saw. Can’t put my finger on it, ”it’s not you….it’s me”

I think I’d like to sell or trade for a 036 or MS360 or 361. Am I wrong here?

I have both a husky 359 and a Stihl 361.
Both fine saws, but the 361 is lighter and has noticably more power in stock form.
I like the feel of the husky better, but I usually do like the huskies better in that regard.
It seems to me the 359 has a bit better av also.
Overall I'm really pretty impressed with the 361.....the 359 not so much.
I was raised on Husqvarna saws, but sometimes I just like stihl's version better...

This is the thing, it just doesn’t seem “right” in use. Weird I know.
That's funny.... there's no accounting for taste....
For me huskies feel right, while a Stihl has to have great performance for me to put up with the "Stihl feel".....
The 359 beats the 361 all to pieces in the "feel" department in my hands.

Lately, I've been getting more Stihls because of performance / power to weight.

I wouldnt trade a 60cc saw for a 60cc saw, knowing the the orange one you have is good youd be gambling. May get a junk white saw.

If you don't like the 359 feel- find a 2159 and give that a whirl- basically the same saw with the correct wrap handle angle.
That's funny, anytime I get a jonsered saw I swap out the j-red wrap handle with a husky handle to get the correct wrap handle angle......
To each his own I guess. :cheers:

That's funny, anytime I get a jonsered saw I swap out the j-red wrap handle with a husky handle to get the correct wrap handle angle......
To each his own I guess. :cheers:

Yeah, but the water runs down the plug hole the wrong way where you live as well. :laugh:

Back