I think I got hosed

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Harley

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I ordered a felt filter for my 385 the other day.
It took a week to get it. I had to pay for the shipping. And all together it cost me a dime short of thirty bucks.

Where did you order from? I hope not the stocking, servicing dealer that sold you the saw! Chainsaw air filters are spendy, but that's awful!
The guy should have offered the option of waiting for his next weekly parts order at least, to save some small amount of $$$

I bought some air filters for my 385XP from CCD and I think they were around $20-$25 a piece roughly around $30 w/shipping,so I don't think you got hosed too bad Harley..

Later Rob.

That flocked filter is, in my opinion, not the best of the three available to be running. The 80 u plastic mesh is easier to clean. Once that flocking gets matted down, it flows less air.

The filter is $15.25 retail in Jonsered 2186 form. PN 537-014701.

Just curious what are the three different air filters available for the 385/2186??Maybe I should try a few of the others.Also where would I be able to purchase them or are they dealer only?Thanks for any info guys

Rob.

Brian,

They don't say anything about the 3 different filters in the manual for my 385..I was just curious no biggie.

Rob.

As far as I know, the order went out with their regular weekly order. I mean it wasn't a special rush thing.

The filters are a 40, 80u, and the felt. I know cause I saw the parts CD. I didn't know anything about the temp thing. I always felt that the felt or flocked filters catch the smallest particle. Thats why I got one. I've been cutting some dead stuff that I feel like is going through the mesh filter I had on it.

Are the filters through CCD aftermarket or from husky? I see baileys has a felt type, but it doesn't fit under the cover. I could have ordered that as well, cause I saw it on the parts CD, but I'd probably have to pay fifty bucks for that one.

I did learn a lesson. Convenience costs money, and in the end it wasn't all that convenient. I need to find a good husky dealer. I can walk into my Stihl dealer and get a filter for anything he has on the floor, and probably anything made within the last five years. And even if I can't, I'll have it in three days and it won't cost me anymore.

My Stihl dealer stocks filters for all of my saws, but 30 bucks is a deal, I pay upwards of 40 for the 041av, I think because its an old saw. My fav husky dealer stopped carrying huskies and parts, and is now a straight up Stihl guy. I guess something about parts availability and prices. I found that in a pinch a car oil breather filter will work fine on a 372xp. Probably not the best thing to use, but when you cant get it, you cant get it.

Speaking of Stihl right, I was in my dealers shop the other day, and a guy brought in a 2 week old 044 that he let his son in law use, the kid straight gassed it..terrible, I felt for the guy.-Matt

Latest posts

Back