I thought i was good at sharpening a chain

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Since my post, quoted above, I have used the ‘2-in-1’ file guides quite a bit. They are quite popular with many of the storm clean up volunteers I wor with, because they save the extra step of setting the depth gauges.

Philbert
I have been trying to sharpen saw chains for over 40 years,,
I never considered any chain I completed a success,, until I got the Pferd,,

Now, I am pretty sure my Stihl prefers the Pferd sharpened chain to a new Stihl chain.

I have found the Stihl (Pferd) 2 in 1 file guide to be the best out of all the devices I have tried (electric, manual, on the bar, off the bar). They have three sizes (need correct file size and pitch to match the saw). Vermeer/Sherrill has the one for .404 pitch. Depth gauges and cutter teeth get filed at the correct angles and height at the same time. Tool flips over to do both left and right cutters while the chain is on the bar. Files are replaceable. These are on all my trucks and I've labeled them for the different saws. My guys use them daily in the field.
http://www.stihlusa.com/products/chain-saws/accessories/filing-tools/2in1file/

I have found the Stihl (Pferd) 2 in 1 file guide to be the best out of all the devices I have tried (electric, manual, on the bar, off the bar). They have three sizes (need correct file size and pitch to match the saw). Vermeer/Sherrill has the one for .404 pitch. Depth gauges and cutter teeth get filed at the correct angles and height at the same time. Tool flips over to do both left and right cutters while the chain is on the bar. Files are replaceable. These are on all my trucks and I've labeled them for the different saws. My guys use them daily in the field.
http://www.stihlusa.com/products/chain-saws/accessories/filing-tools/2in1file/

DId he hit the dirt, sand, gravel or what ever it was with the bar tip ON purpose?????

i find it easier to replace the chain when it goes dull ..............
So now I understand WHY my X wife replaced me..Ha. Ha. It must be because,,,I'm dull.. Most women that I know don't like hanging out in the shop or sawing up wood. However,,,, Now that she's gone my chains are sharper though.. It was midnight here and I was headed out to the shop tonight when a lady friend phoned.. What ?????? YOU what??? ha. Ha. Someone tell me,, I'm NOT the only guy that gets that,,...You gotta be crazy question..Ha. ha.

Latest posts

Back