I want to be this kid!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I sure didn't think it would do anything on the leaves with the hard plastic slicks on that thing. Impressive way to sell some arches, I'll give em that!

I'll stick to making black smoke come out of the tractor stack as I pull the whole tree out. I need to get a tripod for the camera and make a video this year, if the beans ever come off my "landing" - freakin rain!

That is very cool. Getting them started early. My 8year old wants his own saw. He keeps looking at the 339xp when we go to the dealer. I can't pass it by his mom. At his age I was using my dads monster Jred so I guess things change.

i suppose if i was moving a 25 inch single split to my silverado that would work great ,doesnt see m liek thats a good accurate representation of the real scale when transporting big heavy logs,looks like junior is havin' a good time trying though!:popcorn:

life is so unfair...
the battery powered cars we had as a kid would get stuck on dry pavement...

I studded my sons tires on his power wheels with steel siding/roofing screws.

I got tired of pulling him out of wet grass:greenchainsaw:

Am I the only one to see some of the danger in what he was doing? Like when he was cranking the log up and it was free swinging, his hand was on the bar near where the end of the log was getting ready to bounce, and I could invision some fingers getting smashed. Also if that log comes loose because he hooked it up wrong it could land on his foot or roll onto his leg.

It is a nice idea but some mods need to be made to get the operator out of harm's way. The crank should be moved to the side so the person doing the lifting is not standing near or straddling the log. There also should be some guides on the bar so it helps lock that end of the log better in place so it cannot swing and pivot.

Don't get me wrong, my dad had me dropping ~3-5' maples when I was 11, and I was running a woodsplitter when I was 9 (see photos of me in another post), but that tool looks like it needs a few tweaks before someone gets hurt.

agreed somebody could get flat feet ,the hard way

lucky little guy, i was loggin spruce at about age 8. i would wrestle it to my extensive network of bike trails through the woods, then use a bongee cord to connect it to that loop on the back of a bannana seat. i really had to lean forward to keep the front wheel on the ground. the spring in the bongee cord actually helped. too bad i never thought of an arch! hopefully my kids will take after me.

hopefully my kids will take after me.

I was a hard working son of a gun when I was a kid. Trapping, firewood cutting, working for a farmer, working for my dad, growing a big garden, you name it. From what I have seen so far with my kids I think it skips generations. :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Back