I want to transfer wood stove heat to lower level of the house.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
party huh lol

yeah that sounds like a good idea you could even run 2 inch rigid in the stud cavities I have done that to all 3 of my houses and under the floor joist like the sprayed in stuff it seals out drafts and works wonder for warmth . still think the thermosiphon loop would be awesome though just think nice warm floors no cold pipes etc.

"So I wasn't nuts to think the heat from the stove would pull air from the 'room' below it ? All of the air that passes through that pipe was the cold air stacking up down stairs."

Not at all, I am not saying it will move enough air for my situation but it definetly moves air!

"If it isnt, can you replace it with a darker colored set ?"

I painted it black to match the stove pipe.

"Have you given any thought to double walling the flue pipe and plumbing the return line to it ?"

Not really, I don't think the wife wants too many modifications on a nice looking wood stove in her living room. It is very noticable when you walk into the house. Not only that, I have it set up so I can clean out the stack to remove creosote in about a half an hour. Important because I do it once a month. Too many houses go up in flames around here every year do to stove pipes not being maintained. I don't want to have any excuse for not taking the time when it needs it.

"yeah that sounds like a good idea you could even run 2 inch rigid in the stud cavities I have done that to all 3 of my houses and under the floor joist like the sprayed in stuff it seals out drafts and works wonder for warmth . still think the thermosiphon loop would be awesome though just think nice warm floors no cold pipes etc."

Sounds nice but stove modifications and insurance companies do not get along. So far, my stove is set up exactly the way it was installed by a professional.

KsWoodsMan said:
"Have you given any thought to double walling the flue pipe and plumbing the return line to it ?"

Not really, I don't think the wife wants too many modifications on a nice looking wood stove in her living room. It is very noticable when you walk into the house. Not only that, I have it set up so I can clean out the stack to remove creosote in about a half an hour. Important because I do it once a month. Too many houses go up in flames around here every year do to stove pipes not being maintained. I don't want to have any excuse for not taking the time when it needs it.

Sounds right to me, double walling it will slow down cleaning the flue. I certainly wouldn't wish a house fire on anyone. You've considered it and I wont push. Besides, if she isn't happy , nobodies gonna be happy.

:cheers:

Latest posts

Back