I wish their were no chiggars

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ropensaddle

Feel Lucky
Reaction score
For people in the north be thankful you don't know what they are. Its been a terrible year here for them and I have raw legs right now from the insatiable sleepless scratching. I am thinking of springing for rhino skyn anyone who lives were chiggars out number the sand grains on all worlds beaches ever try it ?

I enjoy Michigan just for that reason. No chiggers, only 1 poisonous snake - that you never see anyway - no copperhead or moccasins. None of those mosquitoes with the white spots that can bite through jeans. I moved up from N.C. 14 years ago and don't miss much except the year round work

For people in the north be thankful you don't know what they are. Its been a terrible year here for them and I have raw legs right now from the insatiable sleepless scratching. I am thinking of springing for rhino skyn anyone who lives were chiggars out number the sand grains on all worlds beaches ever try it ?

Rope how you been man? I haven't checked the forums in like a year but was shocked to see a post from you last time I looked you have t been around in a while and that was way back .

Rope how you been man? I haven't checked the forums in like a year but was shocked to see a post from you last time I looked you have t been around in a while and that was way back .
I'm chasing the dream and caught in the nightmare lol. I'm ok though, still climbing you know :cheers:

After you come out of the woods fill a bathtub as hot as you can stand it. Pour in a few cups of Pinesol and soak. I think this kills the ones that haven't burrowed in. The ones that have I have had good results with Ivyrest (made for poison oak and ivy) to help with the itching. They secrete a protein that lines the borehole in your skin and is the source causing the fierce itching. Fingernail polish doesn't do crap.

I got them once up here in PA. Was told to put a drop of clear nail polish on them to suffocate them. Had em all over my back. As I recall the nail polish helped.

Had the scabies a few months back I think, might have been some kind of mite, I am not to sure, might still even have it, might have been chiggers. I used a peroxide compress.

Glad there isn't a variety of really nasty creepy creatures around these parts and I can't stress that enough.

Three separate hornet/wasp attacks this year had me swollen for a week combined. Talk about depressing.

t
Had the scabies a few months back I think, might have been some kind of mite, I am not to sure, might still even have it, might have been chiggers. I used a peroxide compress.

Glad there isn't a variety of really nasty creepy creatures around these parts and I can't stress that enough.

Three separate hornet/wasp attacks this year had me swollen for a week combined. Talk about depressing.
these can be fun 60 foot up a pine :p
https://www.bing.com/images/search?...e40073ccb5&cbn=EntityAnswer&cbi=0&FORM=IARRTH

Buy the 100% deet and use it in the morning around your socks and pant cuffs. i also spray it along my belt and waistline. they are around here but only if its real hot and dry. even then they are minimal. i found em bad in South Dakota working in road ditches burying fiber optic cable. this was the ultimate preventative block for them

Buy the 100% deet and use it in the morning around your socks and pant cuffs. i also spray it along my belt and waistline. they are around here but only if its real hot and dry. even then they are minimal. i found em bad in South Dakota working in road ditches burying fiber optic cable. this was the ultimate preventative block for them
Yeah 100% deet works but you still get bites here it seems they became immune. South dakota is like nebraska a few chiggars on hottest days but here think billions of seed ticks ,chiggars ,buffalo gnats, cottonmouth,copperhead,timber rattlers,gators. The north gets cold enough these do not exist in the densities comparable. I can walk out my door and if I step one foot outside where I sprayed i'll be ate up in seconds! I had to come home sometimes from work because I had literally 1000s of seed ticks crawling on me. I have worked in Nebraska ,Indiana,Michigan,Missouri,Texas,and here the first four states mentioned were a breeze the last two are virtually like bathing in stinging nettles not comparable lmao.

Yeah 100% deet works but you still get bites here it seems they became immune. South dakota is like nebraska a few chiggars on hottest days but here think billions of seed ticks ,chiggars ,buffalo gnats, cottonmouth,copperhead,timber rattlers,gators. The north gets cold enough these do not exist in the densities comparable. I can walk out my door and if I step one foot outside where I sprayed i'll be ate up in seconds! I had to come home sometimes from work because I had literally 1000s of seed ticks crawling on me. I have worked in Nebraska ,Indiana,Michigan,Missouri,Texas,and here the first four states mentioned were a breeze the last two are virtually like bathing in stinging nettles not comparable lmao.
Oh I forgot to mention we also got bigfoot:popcorn2:

At this point anytime I feel like there might be something touching me I go to defcon 1... or is it 5?

If there was a chance I would run into a snake or other venomous creature I probably would move here. I live in fear that one day I will come across some lethal infestation even under my own porch though. But its just the groundhogs. And its always in my mind I will climb into some anomaly of a nest in a tree... so I am pretty much ready to bail in that case. In every tree I think about getting attacked or cutting into something.

At this point anytime I feel like there might be something touching me I go to defcon 1... or is it 5?

If there was a chance I would run into a snake or other venomous creature I probably would move here. I live in fear that one day I will come across some lethal infestation even under my own porch though. But its just the groundhogs. And its always in my mind I will climb into some anomaly of a nest in a tree... so I am pretty much ready to bail in that case. In every tree I think about getting attacked or cutting into something.
Ahh you got timber rattlers I think and even eastern copperheads just no where near as many! I went catfishing one night and counted 127 cottonmouths swim by me in 3 hours lol its not as bad though as it sounds. It isn't the ones I see that worry me its the one you do not see that will get ya!

Back