ID this Stihl, then I'll tell you the rest of the story

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thats one hell of a story Lake. Im kinda looking for a way to do something similar to the 028 I acquired from a broke friend that owes me money. Now I see possible avenues of hope, Thanks.

Thats one hell of a story Lake. Im kinda looking for a way to do something similar to the 028 I acquired from a broke friend that owes me money. Now I see possible avenues of hope, Thanks.

Given the three basic models of 028's available, there's limitless possibilities!!

I was just out in the shop eyeing a bunch of 036 parts... might have to put on of those together soon... and then I also have boxes of 026 parts..

The best way to do it is collect parts over time.. and trade for what you don't have and don't rush .. that will just cost you money..

Given the three basic models of 028's available, there's limitless possibilities!!

I was just out in the shop eyeing a bunch of 036 parts... might have to put on of those together soon... and then I also have boxes of 026 parts..

The best way to do it is collect parts over time.. and trade for what you don't have and don't rush .. that will just cost you money..

Wow, in my opinion only, the 2 best Stihl saws in their era. I love the 036 (when my 034 gets tired I will make it an 036) and I love my 026. I cant wait to see what you do with those 2 saws.

Looks like Troll has got you Jeff...;) One for Troll..

Yes, they are different.. The RIGHT side of the tank is the same, the left side (fuel cap side) is wider... Now I have proof you just look at the pictures and don't read the posts:hmm3grin2orange:

I'd always been told that the 046 tank was the same as the 044 except for the carb stud lengths, and had even repeated that on AS... As I found out... WRONG....

Glad you found that out and that I read it. I was looking at a 046 tank/handle and considering bidding on it for my 044 project. I'll keep on lookin'.

Kevin

This is an oldie!!!!

I miss these threads,,,,, Andy N. is one really cool dude,,,

I was trying to find the one where he cut the late 440 and early 10 MM 044 cylinder in half but the photo's wont make it so I am giving up!!!!

Cheers:givebeer::dizzy::chop:

This is an oldie!!!!

I miss these threads,,,,, Andy N. is one really cool dude,,,

I was trying to find the one where he cut the late 440 and early 10 MM 044 cylinder in half but the photo's wont make it so I am giving up!!!!

Cheers:givebeer::dizzy::chop:

I have been searching for that one also, can`t remember what thread we had going at the time.

Latest posts

Back