If you could make one improvement

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Would love to see the Homelite, McCulloch, Poulan companies back in modern business building quality saws like they did in the good old days, but with today's modern technology.

this + less EPA Junk

A chain that can cut for a year.. without ever dulling.

And... a turbo diesel chainsaw! :msp_wub:

Can think of several, but top one would be more attachments for the powerhead. I would like a tractor version chain saw, one engine, does a lot of different stuff. Modular.

Can think of several, but top one would be more attachments for the powerhead. I would like a tractor version chain saw, one engine, does a lot of different stuff. Modular.

A lot of companies already offer that. As with most modular things you get a bunch stuff that is far behind the specialized equipment.

I'd like to put an electric starter on a saw. Not as a very useful (reliable) feature, but starting a big chainsaw with a button would be pretty awesome.

(1) A sensibly priced,, carbide tipped chain saw blade. (In the eighties, a 10 inch circular saw blade cost well over 100 bucks. With increased competition among manufacturers, a quality 10 inch ,mid grade blade could be had for 20 bucks in the early nineties)

(2) An effective , low restriction muffler. When I drop a tree, i'd like to be able to hear when the tree is starting to break loose.

(3)A small, chainsaw powered, band saw mill. (Perhaps a kevlar belt with teeth mounted on it to allow a 6inch diameter pulley.)

A non-electronic, non-feedback carb that is not a POS.

Back