If you love Jonsered......

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NYSawBoss

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I ran them for the past few years with my boss up in Connecticut. Rock solid saws, and down right mean. As most of you know I was in the market for a new saw to take up in the tree. I finally decided on the Jonsered 2139T. I used to run a 338XPT and loved it. This should be a hoot. Before all the 200T is God posts happen...I've owned 2, loved them both but at this juncture can not justify a $600.00 top handle expense.

Tony

I got the chance to run a few of Farly9N's early 70ies Jreds at the PNW gtg and they really impressed me. If the new models run as good as those did you've got a great saw, enjoy it! :cheers:

I got the chance to run a few of Farly9N's early 70ies Jreds at the PNW gtg and they really impressed me. If the new models run as good as those did you've got a great saw, enjoy it! :cheers:

The newer ones mostly are rebadged Huskys, but earlier Jonsereds mostly had the better saws....:givebeer:

aint that the truth....a few subtle cosmetic differences on the jreds that make them look so much sweeter than the comparable huskys. the starter cover is by far the most noticeable.

t

aint that the truth....a few subtle cosmetic differences on the jreds that make them look so much sweeter than the comparable huskys. the starter cover is by far the most noticeable.

t

Yup, if I had to have one and all the Stihl's/Dolmars were gone, it would be a Jred for me.

Yup, if I had to have one and all the Stihl's/Dolmars were gone, it would be a Jred for me.

Stihl yes, dolmar, the jury is still out. I put two into play and they have some seriouse design issues. Husqvarna is tried and true!

I feel the same way with Stihls. If all the Jreds, Huskys, Dolmars, Makitas, Redmaxes, Tanakas, Efcos, Solos, Echos, Poulans, McCullochs, Craftsmans, John Deeres, Shindaiwas, Homelites were gone, plus all the used Pioneers, Partners, Olympiks, Oleo-Macs, Sachs, ALLIS CHALMERS, ALPINAS, ATOMS, BARKERS, BAY STATES, BE-BOS, BOLENS, BURNETTS, BURNS, CASTORS, CHOREMASTERS, CHRYSLER OUTBOARDS, CLINTONS, COBRAS, COMETS, COXS, CRESCENTS, DANARMS, DAVID BRADLEYS, DISSTONS, DOLPIMAS, DRUZHBAS, ECLIPSES, EIAS, FALLS, FARMCRESTS,FLEETWOODS, FORDS, FRONTIERS, GAMBLE-SKOGMOS, HAHNS, HOES, HOFFCOS, HORNETS, HYRYS, IELS, INDIANS, LAMBS, LANCASTERS, LANDONI SAS, LMPCOAS, LOMBARDS, LUTHERS, MAGFAMS, MALLS, MASSEY-FERGUSONS, METROM UZINAS, MOBILCOS, MONARKS, MONOS, NSUS, ORLINES, PEERLESS'S, J.C. PENNEYS, PORTER CABLES, PPKS, REED PRENTICES, REMINGTONS, REXOS, RIDGIDS, RITE-WAYS, ROOTS, ROPERS, SANKEYS, SKARIES, SPARTANS, SPEAR & JACKSONS, SPIEGELS, STIGAS, STRUNKS, TAIGAS,TECUMSEHS,TELES SMITHS, TERMITS, D.D. TERRILLS, TITANS, TOPSOS, TRAMS, TUBESINGS, TURBOMATICS, URALS, WARDS, WERUS, WHITES, WHITEHEADS, WIZARDS, WRIGHTS, AND ZUNDAPPS...if all of those were gone...I would consider a Stihl.

But not the 361. :D

p.s. Go easy here, SawTroll...I know I missed some!

Well I caught the wrong fish, was hoping for Troll but the less intelligent Woodie will suffice. I shall throw him back into the gene pool with his sisters>>:buttkick:

Well I caught the wrong fish, was hoping for Troll but the less intelligent Woodie will suffice. I shall throw him back into the gene pool with his sisters>>:buttkick:

I notice your gene pool has No Diving signs posted all around... :buttkick:

By the way SawBoss...I hope you don't mind if me and Book here use your wonderful thread to lay a little smack down on poor 2K here...

LOL, I could see you two talking about that before it happened. Sure would have been nice to know so it would have been fair.:confused:

Whats funny 2k I knew that 346 wasn't stock when the vids came out. I have ran enough of those stock. Sorry had to let you suffer alittle.

Whats funny 2k I knew that 346 wasn't stock when the vids came out. I have ran enough of those stock. Sorry had to let you suffer alittle.

Well hell, thanks for the heads up!

I knew they were hot out of the box(5100/346) from hearing Troll belly ache all the time. It walked away in the big stuff but was pretty close in the small stuff. I think my 026 did well considering the race....Now I can't say how they run stock(346). Maybe someone can speak on how they run stock for stock....

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back