If your looking for a wood truck....

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blackdiesel

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Our government sells them CHEAP! most can be picked up via auction over the internet. From 1k - 2k dollars for a good one. The mulit-fuels can run on anything combustable... gasoline, diesel, paint thinner, bio fuel, motor oil, etc etc etc. we run ours 50-50 used motor oil/diesel. and they will go anywhere! with good fuel milage to boot! ( 8 mpg city, 10 mpg highway ) and its the truth! max speed 56 mph... ask me how i know

Last edited:
thats part of what i do. buy, sell , collect and restore/modify military vehicles.

the us military is phasing all m35 2.5 ton trucks out. they are air over hydraulic braked, no cdl needed. 13,500lb empty 2.5 ton capacity offroad, 5 ton on road. 2.5 ton offroad means the truck can move 2.5 tons in the bed as if it were empty. i.e no degredation in performance.

a 5 ton is 23000lbs empty.....

ive personally have run a lot of concrete in mine.... 13 trips like this:

easy to maintain and reliable and cheap.
web.jpg

its a deuce and a half 6x6. a 5 ton would be sweet :D

I love those duce and a half tucks especially the turbo diesel trucks. They sound so cool and and go anywhere. I used to drive them in the Air Force.

How are the repairs on the trucks ?

Are parts available ?

What does it cost to register and insure ?

Thanks David

Our government sells them CHEAP! most can be picked up via auction over the internet. From 1k - 2k dollars for a good one. The mulit-fuels can run on anything combustable... gasoline, diesel, paint thinner, bio fuel, motor oil, etc etc etc. we run ours 50-50 used motor oil/diesel. and they will go anywhere! with good fuel milage to boot! ( 8 mpg city, 10 mpg highway ) and its the truth! max speed 56 mph... ask me how i know

Hmmmm which way to go ! Been looking at one of these with a hydraulic dump bed. Locally they can be used on city and county roads without a tag. They only require liability insurance. Not for use on state highways or interstates in Kansas. I still have an 8" ford axle that would fit under there to beef up the hauling capacity to a half cord of firewood.

At 50-60 miles to the gallon and a lower deck height is it worth losing the cool factor of a 6X6 for a mini 4x4 though ?
S1998-28_Suzuki_upgrade3.jpg

Hmmmm which way to go ! Been looking at one of these with a hydraulic dump bed. Locally they can be used on city and county roads without a tag. They only require liability insurance. Not for use on state highways or interstates in Kansas. I still have an 8" ford axle that would fit under there to beef up the hauling capacity to a half cord of firewood.

At 50-60 miles to the gallon and a lower deck height is it worth losing the cool factor of a 6X6 for a mini 4x4 though ?
S1998-28_Suzuki_upgrade3.jpg

Are you looking at one in Winfield? I was coming through with a load of oak yesterday and saw a nice dump at that dealers. I followed one of these for a couple hundred miles on 35E;Mexico plates.He was doing 70-75, fully loaded and 3 in the cab

I want!!

I'd love to have one of those.. my wife would kill me though.. I'm running out of room to park things at the house.

I want!!

I'd love to have one of those.. my wife would kill me though.. I'm running out of room to park things at the house.

When she's left you can take advantage of her parking spot by stacking more wood there.

Not that I'm actually suggesting it , but just a thought coming from a guy that washes his own socks.

Anyone know of a good government auction site? I have checked out a few in the past, and most of the prices were ridiculous. Far to spendy.

I have nowhere to store something like that, but I'd love to have a 6x6 like the OP posted... that's sweet for <$2k!

Are you looking at one in Winfield? I was coming through with a load of oak yesterday and saw a nice dump at that dealers. I followed one of these for a couple hundred miles on 35E;Mexico plates.He was doing 70-75, fully loaded and 3 in the cab

70-75 is surprising for a 45 horse 3 cylinder. That 3 of them rode this far coming from Mexico is even more surprising. The speedo's are calibrated to KPH instead of MPH, they must have had that thing pegged the whole trip at 120.

Winfield, thats the place. The one with the dump is only $7,500. Just a mear $2500 more than the base model. Thats a lot of scratch for a 12v pump and 2" cylinder. I have seen a few that have 4 and 6 seats. Translated into spanish I guess that means a 4 door Kei seats 6-10. They are smaller than a VW microbus. I couldn't see driving one more than an hour.

That 6X6 would whoop the dog snot out of a Kei utility truck hands down till you get to mileage. The coolness factor of the the 6X6 wins it though.

Hmmm, yes 6x6 Kei ... Doh !!! what am I thinking?

Last edited:

I want one. Where do I go?

There are a couple of places that turn these 6x6's into monster 4x4's.They look neat.The Kei that I followed was a diesel, whereas up here they are gas.I have a little 4 cyl Kubota, around 35 hp,that would work great in one of them.I have seen dump keis go for $6k.

I want one. Where do I go?

id consistantly get 10 to 11 avg.

matter of fact i drove 130 miles in it with my 08 dodge ram following at 55mph. the deuce got 11 and the ram got 10.6 pulling a trailer and drafting behind the deuce.

the deuce was burning diesel, tranny fluid, motor oil, 2 cycle gas mix and old boat gas........

the ram was burning straight gas.

black diesel

Does your truck have a dump?

If not how do you unload it ?

If the Deuce and one half trucks don't come with a dump ,is it easy to convert it to a dump ?

David:popcorn:

black diesel

Does your truck have a dump?

If not how do you unload it ?

If the Deuce and one half trucks don't come with a dump ,is it easy to convert it to a dump ?

David:popcorn:

hmmm.. if you'll look REALLY closely you'll see the GIANT log loader in the picture. (it also doubles as a log un-loader ;))

thats me in the cab of the knuckleboom. i'm unloading the logs at my processor. we hauled them out of the field from our log deck.

We bought this truck to put a rock dump bed on it. just havnt gotten around to it yet...

hmmm.. if you'll look REALLY closely you'll see the GIANT log loader in the picture. (it also doubles as a log un-loader ;))

thats me in the cab of the knuckleboom. i'm unloading the logs at my processor. we hauled them out of the field from our log deck.

We bought this truck to put a rock dump bed on it. just havnt gotten around to it yet...

so ummm....where do you get one of these trucks?:greenchainsaw:

Back