If your looking for a wood truck....

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If anyone happened across a set of those axle I know a few people that might be interested.

MMmmm... Rockwells:givebeer:

If anyone happened across a set of those axle I know a few people that might be interested.

MMmmm... Rockwells:givebeer:

i cut the axles out of an old 50's model we had just the other day and sold them... ya should have spoken up!!

i cut the axles out of an old 50's model we had just the other day and sold them... ya should have spoken up!!

Well they're abit to big for my rig .. I bet the shipping would be killer.. I did have a buddy talking about using Rockwells, I think he went with a 60 and 14b because to get them here was to much $$

hmmm.. if you'll look REALLY closely you'll see the GIANT log loader in the picture. (it also doubles as a log un-loader ;))

thats me in the cab of the knuckleboom. i'm unloading the logs at my processor. we hauled them out of the field from our log deck.

We bought this truck to put a rock dump bed on it. just havnt gotten around to it yet...

Ok so you need two large trucks and a knuckle boom and two people to load and unload logs.

You have a good sense of humor Ha Ha David:dizzy:

I was just at a local shysters business today, he had eight or so sitting around. Prices started out at 4500.00. Not a bad profit margin.

I mean if ya buy em at a grand or two and sell em starting out at 4500.00 and up it is a pretty tidy profit. Wouldnt you say?

where can i get them for a grand or two? all the ones i have bought have needed work. they have needed fluid changes, pieces and parts. matter of fact i know for a fact some people have inspected the trucks prior to bidding and have won them. when they pick them up, people have stolen gauges, and parts.

what kind of profit is ok for you? do you think if i win the truck for 1000, and have to have it towed to my shop that i can add towing fee? can i add any labor to troubleshooting and fixing the problem? what about adding the price of the parts in? what about blowing an engine? they can cost as much as 6000 for one in a crate..... can i add that?

sometimes you have to buy a couple trucks to get one complete by cannabalizing the others. matter of fact thats why you see some stripped in the auction.

sure its possible to get them complete, running and re-sellable for about 2000, just not probable. now if you know where i can get them for a grand or two that i can flip w/o any additional expense....

and dont forget the "buyers premium" form govliq! or did you read the fine print?

We charge a buyer's premium of 10% of the bid amount on all purchases. The buyer's premium is considered a taxable amount, and will be taxed at the appropriate rate depending on the location of the property. Buyer's premiums are standard in the auction industry, and should be factored into your bidding strategy

look! i "win the bid, then they charge 10% on top.... neat hunh? so 1000 is really 1100.... etc...

but like i always say. buy one on govliq, ill be happy to help fix it for $100 an hour plus parts. because when most people look at them they have no idea what to inspect closely. at a dealer, he generally does, and part of your price is the fact you are paying for his expertise....

if i buy one for a grand and put about 25 to 30 hours fixing it and about $1500 in it, what would be "fair"?

Last edited:
This truck was bought for $970 + 10% and drove 400 miles with no problems. We payed $3000 for it , It was worth that not to have to go and get it with all the problems that might come up, but he gave me the paper work on it with all the prices.

Last edited:
This truck was bought for $970 + 10% and drove 400 miles with no problems. We payed alittle more than that from the guy that got it, but he gave me the paper work on it with all the prices.

thats the exception not the rule, im not saying i havent done it, but unless you know what you are doing you can get burnt, VERY easily.

guess ya better know what your doin then eh?

im just trying to help yall, and give friendly advice. like i said, you buy one that "turns over?... injector pumps is bad... add xxx. radiator? they are 1100 IF you can find them... a radiator. good thing is they are tough and reliable, but can get expensive.

im just trying to help yall, and give friendly advice. like i said, you buy one that "turns over?... injector pumps is bad... add xxx. radiator? they are 1100 IF you can find them... a radiator. good thing is they are tough and reliable, but can get expensive.

and i totally agree. but as with any auction site your taking a gamble. just know what your bidding on and, if you can, inspect before buying

Ok so you need two large trucks and a knuckle boom and two people to load and unload logs.

You have a good sense of humor Ha Ha David:dizzy:

why do you need two trucks? why do you need a knuckle boom? why do you need two people? i figure the average wood cutter would fell, limb, cut to desired length, split and haul by hand. if you did all that in the field and got each peice small enough to load by yourself, which is usually the size desired to burn, then it would only take one saw, one splitting hammer, one truck, and one man.

that would be ridiculous for me, being as how i have a skidder to deck logs with, a cab john deere tractor (or a second log loader) to load them with, the capacity to haul ~15' logs (30' on our other truck), another loader to unload them with, and a processor to cut them with. now i realize most people dont have access to this volume of machinery. But this is the way i cut wood... do with yours as you wish ;)

I have a good radiator for one in a truck that i'm junking out that i'll sell ya. might even cut you a deal... pm me

Back