If your looking for a wood truck....

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
http://york.craigslist.org/cto/869791637.html

1971 Military Deuce-and-a-half - turbo, heater, cargo cover - $3250 (York, PA)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Reply to: [email protected] [?]
Date: 2008-10-07, 11:24AM EDT

1971 General Products (Jeep Corp.) M35A2 military troop transport/cargo 2.5 ton truck. Has about 28836 miles on the turbo multifuel engine. Soft top with heater and cargo area cover. Everything works. PA tagged, titled, and inspected. New batteries. 6X6 drivetrain with an airshift front axel (more durable). Has "C" style whistler turbo. I don't have time to give attention to this 'ol girl like she deserves. New baby girl is stealing that. Price is negotiable. Good condition for age.

Here's another one!

http://york.craigslist.org/cto/869781791.html

1971 Deuce-and-a-Half - 2.5 ton 6x6 truck - $2900 (York, PA)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Reply to: [email protected] [?]
Date: 2008-10-07, 11:24AM EDT

1971 2.5 ton military troop transport mfg. by General Products (Jeep Corp.). It has about 42,000 miles on a turbo multi-fuel engine (primary diesel). New batteries and rear wheel seals. Soft top with troop seats in back. No heater, but none needed. Everything works. Tires are better than 90% military issue offroad tires. Very strong "D" turbo. I don't have time to give this 'ol girl the attention she deserves. One tough truck that needs a good home.

interesting from thge same seller I would guess

I don't have time to give this 'ol girl the attention she deserves

is used in both 'verts

Geez, purchase price manifest, $41,822. Thats not much of a return back to the taxpayers.

QUOTE]

Remember that these vehicles have probably had the S:censored: t pounded out of them by every knucklehead GI in Uncle Sam's Army.

They also aren't too generous with the creature comforts. I bet most of the deuce-and-a-halfs don't have any suspension in the seating and even less in the chassis.

I've got a good buddy who was a tank driver in Gulf War I and he treats his vehicles like crap. He says everybody drove like that.

I also have a coworker who drove a hummer in GWI who drove like a fiend with his vehicle because he 'hated it so much'. He said the canvas seats on metal frames don't leave you wanting to go back for more the next day.

Back