IL, IN, MI, WI, gtg...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Back safe and sound. 535 miles round trip. Sean, thanks for an awesome time and even better food. So great to meet you all!

Most Impressive Saw of the GTG? Ed's Wild Thing. Who woulda thunk it.

I don't think this GTG really happened. Pictures? Videos? You know the rules!! :cheers:

Most Impressive Saw of the GTG? Ed's Wild Thing. Who woulda thunk it.

That's no joke. I thought we had some BIG saws running somewhere and all I see are little purple and green saws making all the racket!

The food was great. Sean sure went above and beyond to make this a nice event. Seems half the neighborhood stopped by to see what going on.

Should be some good pictures up sooner or later

Chris B.

Had an awesome time! And what a turn out, most I've seen at a GTG yet.

Sean:bowdown::bowdown: the food was great, thanks for having us.:cheers:

Only had time to take a few quick pics, as I was pretty busy setting up my saws.:dizzy: I also have some video, I'll try and get it up asap.

Anyway here they are.

attachment.php
attachment.php

Wild Knight and his screaming 441, it's a 372 killer.

attachment.php

Last edited:
I've just spent an hour trying to figure out how to transfer my video off my camera onto my computer. None of the videos I took today are showing up and some that I've already deleted are. Crazy. It's worked fine before. Not sure what is going on. I guess I'll try and figure it out tomorrow because right now it has me kinda pissed off. :mad:

I've just spent an hour trying to figure out how to transfer my video off my camera onto my computer. None of the videos I took today are showing up and some that I've already deleted are. Crazy. It's worked fine before. Not sure what is going on. I guess I'll try and figure it out tomorrow because right now it has me kinda pissed off. :mad:

That's too bad:cry: hope you get it working.:cheers:

Videos processing, it's unedited and about 7 minutes long so it's going to take some time, but it'll be up pretty soon.

Last edited:
540 miles round trip and worth every mile traveled. Thanks again Sean great event and as others have shared the food was incredible.
Was great to put faces with the names of people that I've corresponded with for the past few years. Pretty awe inspiring when you hear a dozen saws from wild things to an 090G all running at the same time.
I'll try and get some pictures up tomorrow.

Finally:clap::clap: here's the video, I was just walking around taking video, nothing really specific.:) The video was pretty long so I reduced the quality a bit to speed things up a bit.

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/h4Zrg-OxMNs&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/h4Zrg-OxMNs&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Last edited:
The 2375's were stronger. Ed's Wild Thing with the big carb + K&N filter was the strongest by a long mile.

That was one sweet saw. I wonder what the top of the piston looked like????:) If ya pull off the filter and put a stock cover on it that saw would wipe up at the Dubuque race later today.

Bill

Here's a few pics from yesterday

Mark burying the 840 in some big wood :rock:

attachment.php

Wild Knight making chips with one of Mark's SP 125s

attachment.php

Arrowhead with the not-so-stockish Wild Thing
attachment.php

I'll try to post some more if work slows down today

This was the first GTG I have ever been to. I do not see how any others could have topped this one!!! The weather was great, beautiful location, plenty of wood and fantastic food :bowdown:.... It was great to finally meet some of the members. There was a ton of cool old saws there, Mark with his Macs. I got to run one of his SP125's... :drool:, bowsaw and others. Bill G had many awesome torque monsters.... I got to run his 090...:rock:. Cbfarmall had some mean old saws... I think he did most of the cutting in the biggest wood. I got to run his Homelite 750 :cheers: that saw is strong. ModifiedMark with plenty of Poulans.... I could not believe how freaking smooth and powerful they were. The older Poulans are smoother than my new Stihls. Also many more members with super cool saws. Well.... I better start posting some pics. If I mis-name you in the pic, please correct me. Sean, you put together the most incredible event I have ever been to. Did I mention the food was AWESOME??? Thanks to you and your family for on heck of a day!!!

Cbfarmall getting one of his beasts ready....

arrowheadpioneer

Some of his saws....

arrowheadpioneer

I believe this was Bowtechmadman's rig and cool saws...

arrowheadpioneer

From left to right... Moparman, Nik, Wildknight, Andy..... getting there saws ready.

arrowheadpioneer

First off I want to say a big thanks to Sean,his family and friends for a first rate shindig. You sir have set the bar very high for how to put on a GTG.

What a great spread for lunch.

Second, what a great time it was to see familiar faces and meeting new ones to put names with. Great people all around

Lots of great saws to be seen and run as well, from antique to new.

Ed did have a couple dandys, that P-62 was beautiful and ran awsome, his WT not so beautiful but what a runner! That saw would humble lots of bigger name brand saws for sure.

Andy, that was a great idea to just wander with that video camera, it really caught alot of what was going on.

I got tied up with the goings on and didn't take as many pictures as I wanted to, but here are a couple that have not been shown yet. I'll try to put names to pictures but I'm bad with names so someone correct me if I get any wrong.

Here is Ed with his screaming and gorgeous P-62. That saw to me was the best of show.
attachment.php

Mopar Mike with one of his famous "Ole Green Junks" and Andyshine with a newer Stihl.
attachment.php

Levi and his Stihls
attachment.php

Ohio Greg and his nice Poulan 245A. cbfarmall/Chis is in the background checking out the big log.
attachment.php

Mark H and his beautiful Mac
attachment.php

Here's a pic of ModMark getting ready...

arrowheadpioneer

Here's Mike (Super3) getting his saws ready...

arrowheadpioneer

I think Mark (Heimannam) was first to tackle the big wood...

arrowheadpioneer

arrowheadpioneer

Nik makin some chips.... bowtechmadman to the left

arrowheadpioneer

Mod Mark going to town....

arrowheadpioneer

Mike (super3) noodling.....

arrowheadpioneer

Wendell making the pile larger.... JimM far feft.

arrowheadpioneer

Last edited:
Trwtech (left) and Bigrod (right).... real cool guys. :cheers:

arrowheadpioneer

Chris (cbfarmall) in the big wood....

arrowheadpioneer

Glad to see you up and posting those pictures Ed. What a great time.

It was a good time hanging around the fire, having a few cold ones and hearing Mike play the guitar.

I got in around midnight and I'm working my way to the shop to unload the truck and clean up a bunch of saws.

Latest posts

Back