I'm a porting idiot.....

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How many saws of yours do you think I've been in?

How can your way be the only way?
Are the saws you build as good as they can be?
Oh boy. Here we go. I just barely question your build philosophy and out come the personal attacks. My way the only way? You said that, not me. Seems to me like YOUR the one that can't handle being questioned. I don't think you want to compare build quality!

Oh boy. Here we go. I just barely question your build philosophy and out come the personal attacks. My way the only way? You said that, not me. I don't think you want to compare build quality!
I didn't say anything about your build quality or you.
You got serious problems man.
You are bad for this site and bad for these new guys trying to learn.

Being hard headed is one thing but only seeing it one way is narcissism.

Is this one flow or velocity?
You build one your way and I'll build one mine and we'll see which way is best.

Let me get this straight, Jason. Your recommending that he hog out the transfers, even until he grinds through the cylinder wall...then put less charge into this increased volume, that now has a larger "nozzle", and expect it to perform well?

You'll have to pardon me for questioning your methods. I would hate for you to be "bad for this site and for guys trying to learn".

This guy is someone not to listen to! His build quality sucks! He ports the saw and then it blows up! I know I bought one!

Seriously dude? lol...:laughing:

Am i not adding case capacity by enlarging the transfers?
Your explaining to me what I already said.

You have to close the intake sooner to make it work and then instead of a filter soaking pig you have a saw with almost no spit back.
I was specifically disagreeing with the comment of yours I quoted, and I gave an explanation of why. That was intended to be part of a technical discussion not a personal attack. I don't really understand what you are saying in your subsequent comments.

I'm in a husky 350 right now any baseline #'s available on that and 371xp? Echo CS 8000. Stihl 028's, 036, 391, 025/250 they're tight but I'd be tempted to try to hit one. Got the Fordome Tool... using ball heads not a 90 degree angle head yet! Looking at old dental line handpieces hopefully one will pop out On EBAY one day?

Got two mint 028's that appear to really restricted in port design???? Any info and all info greatly welcome and appreciated !!!

Also, the tube of 1194 is frickin MIA... is black peratex at base gasket an option? I need to get the saw off the kitchen table! LOL!
Gotta be a Yamaha or Honda bike dealer nearby? Get a tube of Yamabond4 or Hondabond4.

Latest posts

Back