I'm almost where I was at the beginning of the year

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

H-Ranch

Some things happen for a reason
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
Here's a recent picture of my firewood supply. It's actually only down about a cord from the beginning of the season - I've been processing what I have around the yard and getting some cut and split delivered right to the house (thanks to my father-in-law.) Took a few dead ash trees from the property before they go to waste too. Have a lot more leaners, dead, and nuisance trees to get to before I even have to think about taking a good live tree. I'll be in firewood for years to come.

attachment.php

Nice woodpile

I was admiring the splitter cover (bucket over the motor) when I noticed the big fish in the pond. That is awesome. Is that real or photoshop? Anyway, looks like you are set wood-wise. Very nice.

I'm in the same boat: with the mild winter and my new splitter, I've been able to replenish almost all the wood that I've burned so far. We had four enormous red oaks crash down from the tropical storm Irene and the freak Halloween snow storm, so I've got enough wood to last me until 2014 so long as I can get it all split and stacked before it rots!

I started froggin' around with a design in the sassafras stack closest to the camera, but ran out of cut and split pieces. I have several of them that need to come down in my woodlot and I'll post more of it when I get to them. It's kind of a mid-range Btu wood so it's separated from the good stuff anyway. I have it down by the ash/cherry fireplace wood since a friend of the father-in-law calls it "company wood". He says it puts out a pretty flame and it sparkles and cracks so it just sounds like you have a good fire going. I'll let this season another year and give it a try. If I don't care for it then it will be good shoulder season wood in the OWB.

Vary nice

I need that in my back yard

All I have now is about 1 cord and it snowed today and suppose to snow again tomorrow :msp_mellow:

Funny how everybody studies the pictures:hmm3grin2orange: I never saw the design in the woodstack once I saw the great white over there.

One of my all-time favorite movie lines... :clap:

I saw one like that once. I was working on a 55' gulf shrimper, and we idled right over a HUGE shark that was at least half the length of the boat and..aww man, gonna sound like a fish story, it's dang head was like 6 foot wide. Even with the water magnification effect, I mean, geez loweez. Don't now what kind, maybe a whale shark. I was just impressed how large it was, the sheer mass.

When I first started they emphasized do NOT fall off the boat. They said that so many sharks follow the chum smelling boats (they hang around and eat what you don't keep and shovel back over or through the scuppers) that you'd be lucky to get snagged out of the water in time. I believe 'em. Seen any numjber of feeding frenzies. the schools of sharks just tear stuff up. I've also seen dolphins mixed in with the sharks doing the same thing, which astounded me, you always heard they stay away from each other and so on.

Spookiest job I ever had was diving and cleaning hulls/props/rudders/radiators/sonar transducers in the harbor around the docks. Murky, only a few feet visibility and tons of big guys in there. I got bumped hard once and never saw what did it.

Back