I'm an addict!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WVwoodsman

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
I'm officially a chain saw addict! I picked up 3 saws, a Homelite C-5, Super XL and a Mac 740, I am truely addicted!

Your on a start....

You should talk to Father Joat about this...LOL!!!

I am afraid I may be getting hooked! I have a desire for a Husky 372xpw and I don't even cut that much big wood! Can anyone here recomend a program that works on CAD (now that is a stupid question to ask HERE)!

My total saw count now is 7, Poulon pro,Craftsman,Pioneer model 3200, 2 Macs 1 small one and the second one is a 99cc model 740, Homelite C5 and last but not least a Homelite Super XL. I am going to see if the Super XL will run this weekend. I bought a new plug and high tension lead for the C5 , also going to try to run it too. The MAC 740 will need some work though.

Welcome to the club. How did the cutting go this weekend? any pictures?

:popcorn:

Yes, and when saw number 12 shows up it will be time to move on to the 20 step program. I will be soon going to the 30 step program. :cheers:

I should get that mini-mac over thanksgiving for you Tzed. :)

And I should get myself a 2153 for Christmas!!! :clap:

I am afraid I may be getting hooked! I have a desire for a Husky 372xpw and I don't even cut that much big wood! Can anyone here recomend a program that works on CAD (now that is a stupid question to ask HERE)!

CAD?

I got the Super XL fired up yesterday and made one cut with it. I could tell the difference between it and a modern saw in both exhaust note and vibration. It sounds great, but the chain is in need of a sharpening. I believe the bar is an 18 inch hardnose of which I would like to change to a 20 or 24 inch sprocket tip. I also noticed that the bars on the older saws are wider, can they be changed to a more modern bar that is narrower? I will hopefully get out and get some pics of both the C5 and Super XL today.

Back