I'm fustrated....

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The USPS auctions their stuff off through govdeals. Take a look at the completed auctions of the Atlanta Recovery Center, they auction off tons of stuff and not just a few chainsaws. It appears that they remove most of the packaging so that items can be categorized to be placed with similar items in lots. I went back through the last couple months of auctions and did not see the 394 or any of the Stihls in the pictures provided. Nor did I see a lot of just chainsaws.

Maybe they were all on the bottom of a pile of stuff or maybe they were bought at a different auction? That still doesn't explain the sawdust and missing parts.

Maybe John has the answers and maybe he doesn't, but I'm fairly certain the FBI would be able to determine that pretty quickly.

We think alike. I think spot on.

HELLO!

I've asked nicely a couple times for those of you not directly involved to stand back from this for a bit while MM and the new guy try to work this out.

Johnny hasn't logged on since 1 something AM, not everyone is as bad as us and lives here 24-7.

I'm not at all trying to sweep this under the rug. I'd just like to see this straightened out without the pitchfork wielding mob taking over.

So here's the deal. For the next 24 hours, or until Randy or Johnny tell us that either something's been worked out, or won't happen, whichever comes first, I don't want to see ANYTHING from anyone not DIRECTLY involved in this. To me, that includes Randy, Johnny, ptjeep, thomas1, and anyone else involved with the replacement 394. If you're not one of them, until then, DON'T add your 2 cents worth.

This serves as the official warning. It'll go straight to infractions from here.

Oh, skip the pie, cake, pizza, quilts, etc. posts as well.

Like I said above, if nothings happened by this time tomorrow, have at it.

Thanks for your support.

Sorry man I just got this far into it.

Maybe I'm missing something here, but what would it hurt for members here to bid on the saw? Would it not benefit both Randy, and Johnny if the saw brought more money?
+1 Guess I am missing something too. Seems the more $$ the saw sells for the more $$ in his pocket. I believe that has always been the idea behind an auction. Why would anyone restrict who bids on their item? Makes no sense to me. Maybe I am just an old man not yet schooled in the "new" ways of conducting an auction.

remember, I want your first 661 M-tronic :D

yea, me and 65 other AS members :p

I think that slot is taken already.....but we shall see. :msp_wink:

+1 Guess I am missing something too. Seems the more $$ the saw sells for the more $$ in his pocket. I believe that has always been the idea behind an auction. Why would anyone restrict who bids on their item? Makes no sense to me. Maybe I am just an old man not yet schooled in the "new" ways of conducting an auction.

I think he just didn't want any negative light cast on the auction.....since he has seen the AS community rally together to make our voice heard.......he knows how it sounds. :clap:

Randy,
Maybe I'm missing something on the whole USPS deal, but I would say if you had a package insured for XX.00 and they did not deliver or lost it then I feel they owe you whatever you insured it for. It shouldn't matter if it was a chainsaw or bar of gold in the box. You insured it for XX.00, why do you need to show them a receipt for anything? You shipped it, it had a tracking number, they lost it, it was insured, they need to pay you.

Randy,
Maybe I'm missing something on the whole USPS deal, but I would say if you had a package insured for XX.00 and they did not deliver or lost it then I feel they owe you whatever you insured it for. It shouldn't matter if it was a chainsaw or bar of gold in the box. You insured it for XX.00, why do you need to show them a receipt for anything? You shipped it, it had a tracking number, they lost it, it was insured, they need to pay you.

One should think it was that simple, but obviously it isn't....:msp_confused:

Randy,

What they don't tell a guy when he insures a parcel via USPS, UPS, FedEx, or even a private insurer is that if a claim is made, proof of value must be shown. Now I attempted to show the USPS proof of this saws value several different ways and they still found a way to refuse the claim. They stack the deck against you by putting you thru layers of BS in hopes that you will give up and stop filing appeals. They win 98% of the time.

I read yesterday that over 1,000,000,000 in lost parcels occur yearly in the USPS......of that amount they pay less than 2% of claims.

He's yet to relist it. Let's just hope he's not stalling to buy time to figure a way out of this.

What they don't tell a guy when he insures a parcel via USPS, UPS, FedEx, or even a private insurer is that if a claim is made, proof of value must be shown. Now I attempted to show the USPS proof of this saws value several different ways and they still found a way to refuse the claim. They stack the deck against you by putting you thru layers of BS in hopes that you will give up and stop filing appeals. They win 98% of the time.

I read yesterday that over 1,000,000,000 in lost parcels occur yearly in the USPS......of that amount they pay less than 2% of claims.

Hey Ol' Timer, you have time to cut the squish band on a flattop 066 cylinder I'm gettin' ready to use?

Latest posts

Back