Im sure this is old news but Bob Vila the idiot

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think he would be the guy to go to if you need to cash in on a life insurance policy. Great cutting technique Bob. The tree skidded and fell at a 90 degree angle from the notch.

Are you sure that isn't the Villa dutchman cut, what a jackass that guy is. I bet he has caught holy hell from people on that one. At first when I was waiting for it to down load I saw that group of people blocked off I thought maybe liberal protestors, I thought those basturds, then after I seen the whole clip I kinda wish they were for his own sake.:cheers:

The problem is that Bob Vila isn't used to doing manual labor. He's more into telling contractors and homeowners how magnificent or elegant something is.

Tim "The Toolman" Taylor couldn't have done it any better for a good laugh! The problem is that his show was a comedy and not a How-to(or better yet, "How-not-to") on a nationwide morning show. I wonder how many joe homeowners went out and dropped a tree on their head because of that clip? It sure gave me one heck of a good chuckle!

He should get together with the narcaleptic tree cutter and produce a series.

I would watch that for sure. :popcorn: :clap:

If they ever figured out what they were doing wrong ( or hurt ) the series would end.

"Hey Bob ! I still a littloe tired from shinneying up here can you hold off on the last cut a minute ?"
"That's OK ! just ride it out ! You will be fine! I know what I am doing here. See I'm wearing my vest, this time"

"Well folks that about wraps it up, next week we will be putting in a green house on the the back of this Old Victorian Home in place of the add on kitchen and sevants quarters. Join us again for that real treat, when we return."

What a hoot !

Last edited:
That is going to get a tree on some body`s house dog ,kids, or some body with a tree on top of them.That man shouldnt be on tv!

What did he even cut a notch for. He sure didn't use it.

Clasic book knowledge without the benefit of experience.

Luckily he did cut a notch to start a bit of lean. Othewise that cameraman would be collecting workmans comp. Notice he gave Bob plenty of space when he realised the danger he was in.

Bob Villa - "Once the job is completed with the greenhouse, we get to finsh the skylights we started in the neighgbors house on a previous show. The cleanup crew is in there now to finish the demo uhm restoration work as we speak"

Funny that luck hasn't run out on him. The fact that he is upright apparently isn't from personal skill.

I'd watch it for the laughs.

I cant stand Bob Vila. I have watched a few of his shows before, and he comes across as an idiot that does nothing but always has something to say about what everyone else is doing.
i would rather shove splinters under my toenails than have to suffer from any more of his "advise"

Snl

He must have a buddy at NBC who prevents Saturday Night Live from doing a skit about him. But then again he's such a bumbling moron that it wouldn't even be sporting to bust on him.......kind of like shooting a pheasant on the ground :popcorn:

Back