Impulse buy 6421 from the depot

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've had a few of the HD rentals and the powerheads always seem to be in great shape. It would be a good idea to check the washers that are on the clutch drum, pretty common that they're not right.

The last couple had some pretty wild burrs on the bar, serious filing required. The fact that they use the makita's as rentals says something about their toughness.

Home Depot is one of Makita's top power tool sellers period.

I bought one of their used carpet cleaners about 5 years ago. Amazing. I went through a Bissel and a Hoover that were both impossible to clean after using and were brittle. Plastic crap. Basically your homeowner vs. pro debate. More like pro vs. useless.

The carpet is gone last year (wood floors now) but I still use it for car interiors and spills.

Might buy the Honds tiller they have now.

Sorry for the mini hijack but I wad thinking of the response above regarding 'Makita are rentals and therefore tough' and, like when I bought a trimmer at my dealer, my first question was 'what do you rent'?

Back