In need of Inspiration

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well guys, here goes in short as I am hanging Christmas balls on the tree....

I am powering through working both my business and for the refinery. Back in May, my ethylene plant blew up at the refinery (literally) and now they will be laying me and a bunch of others off....sometime between now and december 2010.

I have slowly been building my business to a point where even now I'm booked about two months ahead.

My wife and I recently had a baby boy, Henry, in October :)

Between your comments and advice, my wife and family support, and my true friends, and with the hard work and persistance I have managed to pay off my chip truck and chipper, have two semi-full time guys besides myself, and am looking for a tractor to load wood with :)

I slowly am building a good tree care company that has its roots set in true arboriculture. I am studying for my certified arborist exam which I will take as soon as I feel comfortable with the material. I will be taking the mighty leap back into total self-employment hopefully within the next year to two years depending on when the layoff from the refinery occurs.

One thing I know is that I CAN, and WILL succeed. Thank you all for your advice, as I read over it while looking at our son sleeping by the Christmas tree in his little swing, and I realize that although I'm currently working two places, that there is truly an American Dream and we are living it.

"Can't keep a good man down." -Alabama

-Michael

Latest posts

Back