inadvertantly poisoned my trees

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

texnsf

Reaction score
Late last summer I mistakenly sprayed 3 Chinese Pistache trees with Roundup. I didn't realize it until the leaves began yellowing and dying so no immediate efforts were applied. I was told to let them overwinter and see what happens. It's now Spring and they are leafing out. The leaves, however, are all small and distorted. Will the trees ever recover? Is it possible to trim back the ends of all the limbs and let them re-sprout? The trees are small but established with a trunk circumference of 12" (4" dia.). They were healthy, vigorous trees until being poisoned. Your knowledge is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

I don't think the roundup affected your trees. I may be wrong but I've never seen this. I've used hundreds of gallons of glysophate in managing the farm and haven't seen any negative effects on young saplings. Someone may respond that is familiar with the species of tree you have.

You got glyphosate ON the leaves of the tree? I'd say it certainly did impact the tree. The "good" think about glyphosate is that it translocates well throughout the plant. So trimming the ends off of the limbs will do no good.

Dont fertilize. Mulch it wide and water during summer drought. Needle leaf is a symptom of glyphosate toxicity. Give it time and cross your fingers

Back