Indiana GTG

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Would you like to cut wood with that old David Bradley next month? Or how about the Zip I just got? I better get busy on it. I just got the recoil parts from Bryce today. BTW, I gave away those little Mighty Mite Bantams and only added the David Bradley from you. I actually went home with fewer than I brought.
And that is a first for you!

This is good news... I'd rather cut firewood than cookies any day. Sitting around watching folk cut cookies gets boring after the first few dozen hit the ground. I think last year someone tagged me with the title "precision firewood cutter" cause I used my bar to measure each piece... LOL

+1

I'd love to help the lady out, I'll cut as much wood as I can for her.

:cheers: Andy.

Last edited:
Edit... anyone got one of those funky paint markers that Bailey's sells? You roll it down the log and it marks it every so often depending on the wheel you have installed on it.
Ian, Never used that set up from Bailey's but I do keep a 16" stick handy or if I'm using a saw with a 16" or 18" bar I use that as my gauge same as you.

Last edited:
Yea, That's what Bob did at the PNW gtg... he walked out ahead of the pack with a stick and a can of marking paint. Some claimed he got more paint on himself than the wood. ;)

Ian

Michigan guy here that would like to attend...I see Brandon is a maybe...any others? Maybe we could work on a car pool. Plenty of room for saws in the back of my F150 w/ hard top tonneau so the precious cargo doesn't get wet.

sounds good.
the wife will be out of town for 'somthing' can't remember what.
so i will be in my old wood truck (if i can get the damn power window to work)
so we can stack a peice or two in it, or if we happen to cut too much wood for her i can allways haul the rest that's in my truck home, you know so we don't have to unload it back at your place Eric;) you know gives us all more time for play and BSin :D :D :D

Oh and Eric, I drove right by your place on my way home Tuesday, well right through Cope coming back from the Jennings Proving grounds down in Nroth vernon.:D

Time?
9am?

Last edited:
From the pic, we can assume where the hernia came from...........

Tell her, good luck and prayers on the surgery....Tell her to slow down a tad.
thank you very much.
and no that pic actualy was a few years ago, you would not believe me on how she got this hernia.
she sees doc on the 22nd to find out what/when/where it will be repaired.
so it is possiable i wont be there if they take her right away.
will wait and see.

oh and 'slow down?'

when was the last time you got an answer out of a block wall?

love her to death but she is stubborn.......:D

Michigan guy here that would like to attend...I see Brandon is a maybe...any others? Maybe we could work on a car pool. Plenty of room for saws in the back of my F150 w/ hard top tonneau so the precious cargo doesn't get wet.

It looks like I'm out, even though I'd definitely like to come. I skipped out on a lot of stuff I needed to do during the dry summer months, so I've got to get at least two weekends of work in at the cemetery before the weather turns wintery. Based on my crazy-busy calendar, this particular Saturday is going to be one of them and then the second weekend of November is going to be the other.

Next time, though.

I never like to say I will so I might, I'm not sure where your at in Michigan but I'm about 1/2 hr. from Coldwater Michigan off of I-69 so if you want to travel this way I could take us to Martinsville.

Ian

I plucked out a nice sassafras for your tea today. Had a six incher with the top blown out of it. Still had a few green leaves below the snag. The old Massey just pushed her right on over exposing some pretty fragrant root. (I have a test pot on the stove as I type this letter) lol
I have pulled up a few tops some maple and some oak. I still have the big beech logs hidden back in the woods. I will drag them out closer to the date. Hopefully my buddy will bring his Tractor over with the forks on it and we can set them up on some logs to give us some saw out room.

My daughter is in the FFA band and I'll be in Indy to pick her up the night of the 25th.I may leave a day early if ya'll can put up with an old long haired saddle tramp.Might even find room in the trunk to bring a few saws.

:( just found out the wife is going to be gone that/this weekend......
no have sitter for baby. and then I got our invetation to the App Family GTG and Tractor pull that is going to be on the same day. :( (some very good family friends.....that would be John, eirc)

torn, i want (need to meet ya guys) to learn some 'tricks' and how to sharpen my chains..

maybe i can get Eric and some of the other guys to come up to the house next time i get a big load of wood and bring his saws :D

or i can come down and learn from a couple of you local guys.

got to do what's best for the family. kallie loves going over there and playing and what not...

what to do? what to do?

here is a clip of the vid from the last time.

http://s263.photobucket.com/albums/ii142/dsm1678/?action=view&current=MOV01323.flv

a shot of the baby 'driving' one of the tractors two years ago....:D

kalliepullwheele.jpg

Last edited:
My daughter is in the FFA band and I'll be in Indy to pick her up the night of the 25th.I may leave a day early if ya'll can put up with an old long haired saddle tramp.Might even find room in the trunk to bring a few saws.

Congrats to your daughter. As a former FFA advisor I know the honor it is to have a member in the Band or Chorus. Will she be receiving her American degree? I have have only been on the "big stage" once with a National Proficency canidate.

Bill

Congrats to your daughter. As a former FFA advisor I know the honor it is to have a member in the Band or Chorus. Will she be receiving her American degree? I have have only been on the "big stage" once with a National Proficency canidate.

Bill

Thanks Bill
I couldn't be any more proud of her.
She's one of them musical prodigy types.Keeps me broke buying instruments.
Plays everything she gets her hands on.
She's been after me for a new flute to the tune of about 10-12 grand.I guess the bike I've been building will hit the auction block.
Now it's FFA ( but don't dare mention farming :) ) and she's the school VP now.Not sure about the American Degree I'll have to ask.

Back