Indiana GTG

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm looking foward to it Saturday rain or shine, I'm heading down Friday night and seeing a buddy in Bloomington and then driving to Martinsville in the morning. I think it will be a good time hanging around a bunch of guys with the same interests, I know I have been catching flack from friends and wife when I tell them I'm going to a chainsaw get together. I will have a new forming relationship arriving with wkpoor, a new 7900, I'm very eager to say the least to get my hands on it, though I will still bring my 310 to cut with (I think) if not it will be there for intemidation factors just in case Brad whats to "run" em:)

Should we bring any food, chips, pop, beer? Whats the head count for sure?
See ya'll Saturday.
:greenchainsaw:

I spent the evening square grinding several round ground chains, including a 41" .404 chain. I probably ruined a bunch of good chain.:buttkick:. Naah, I think they'll cut but I'm really not sure what to expect. This is my first time square grinding. So I may have just neutered all of my saws!

Tonight will be busy prepping all the saws and loading up. I'll be getting acquainted with TechAlG on the way over. He's meeting me at the house in the morning and riding over with me. We plan to be there about 9.

Here's what I plan to bring.
084, 066BB, 460, 361, 260, 180, David Bradley, both SXL-925s, and the Zip. I guess that makes ten. The shelf queens will stay in the basement this time. I'm trying to keep the work down a little this time.

So what's the confirmed attendance list so far?

Last edited:
I think we will have enough trucks.. Plus wkpoor is bringing his 6x10 trailer.. I think at least.
Besides gas mileage is pretty important in justifying to the wifey why one feels the need to go to the next state to cut wood. We have my dually, my sons commanche, my dads shortbed dodge. If we get her 3-4 loads that should tie her over for a while.
looks like i will be there, but i really don't want to load the truck up to the top again, takes a long time to unload :D
(oh and runs better now with clean spark plugs;) )

chop might be down with his boys. :dunno:

guess i need to sharpen my chain/s? :D

Dave we will have plenty of guys to help unload

looks like i will be there, but i really don't want to load the truck up to the top again, takes a long time to unload :D
(oh and runs better now with clean spark plugs;) )

chop might be down with his boys. :dunno:

guess i need to sharpen my chain/s? :D
Yes a sharp chain would be a good thing.

Just wanted to let folks know the sun is shinning through between the clouds here in southern Indiana this evening.:clap:

Headed down to the garage to get the saws ready.

Might even throw a piece of that nice soft pine I cut the other day in the truck for ole Brad. :D

I'm gonna need some of that pine too...only bringing the XL-12 and Super XL. Neither of which are speed demons; but both are special to me.

Last edited:
Guys, I'm going to have to flake out on you. Dustytools' family is spewing out both ends so he's had to cancel and I really don't want to get up at 3:30 for the 4ish hour drive out that way by myself. I'll be asleep and off the road, not to mention I'll have nobody to split the gas bill with. Hopefully I'll see you guys at another GTG this spring sometime.

Sorry,
Ian

Guys, I'm going to have to flake out on you. Dustytools' family is spewing out both ends so he's had to cancel and I really don't want to get up at 3:30 for the 4ish hour drive out that way by myself. I'll be asleep and off the road, not to mention I'll have nobody to split the gas bill with. Hopefully I'll see you guys at another GTG this spring sometime.

Sorry,
Ian

Oh Heck who is going to drink 3 gallons of warm sassafras tea now?
Sorry to hear you can not make it..Maybe someone will have a GTG in KY and we can come down there and have a good time.HINT

Oh Heck who is going to drink 3 gallons of warm sassafras tea now?

Guess I'll have to step huh, dag gone it, and I hate that stuff. I'm tell'n you guys don't drink the stuff, it's horrible. (Shhh.... I'll bring the big 1 gallon mug.)

Sorry to here your not gonna make it Ian, I was looking forward to trying your 372. :D

Well shucks

He was supposed to bring the MINGO. Now we will have to guess.. Someone tell DSM not to cut em so short.. He bucked up a bunch of sassafras a few weeks ago.. danged short crap.. Looks like kitchen cookstove wood. LOL

Jeepers Creepers

Well its after 10 and I'm still not in bed. Better get there as I'm planning on being on the road at 3:30 w/ Earl and Jeff. See ya in the morn!

Back