info on old stihl and other saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
general info that was being put out about these saws
when they were new. what they were costing at time of there popularity . that sort of stuff. sales material also such
brochures etc. especially on the 028.
thanks tm

I got a mint 028WB brochure on ebay that is sweet. I am resurrecting a neglected 028 WB right now and giving it to my brother for Christmas. I am going to frame the brochure also and give it to him. I have been looking for three years for what you are talking about on the net and all I can say is Ebay is the only good source. I have bought several old Homelite ads to go with saws I have saved. I think Husqvarna had the worst ad campaign ever in the 70's and 80's because I cant find S%&t on them!

Speaking of 028's, go take a look at EBAY. There are a couple real "cream puffs" up for auction right now.

Which is the better saw? The 028 Super or 026?

I have an 038 Super and it's about as good as they get. I'd almost rather have it than an 044.

I dont know about the 038 Super but the 038 Magnum has more cc's than the 044. The 026, while maybe not as durable, would outcut an 028 Super. Did you see the 028 the guy wants $350 for?

huskyman could i interest u in copying the material
on a copy machine. i have the original manual that comes with it but id sure like to get just the information thats in the brochure.
your brother is a lucky man. i have two 028s. one 028 wb
with the 47 cc motor and one 028 super with 51.5 that i just found . it came from a deceased aution. original bar and it looked like he didnt know u were suppose to clean the filter
the bar was pretty well shot so i kept it an put a new bar an chain on
it.cutting with it feels similar to driving a caddy. effortless.
ive limited experience w the 026,but while a real good saw its a little different feel to it. i prefer the 028 but then i admit to having been smitten by this saw . it just doesnt give me any trouble,and makes cutting easy . im becoming more an more interested in equipment that just proves itself over time.
huskyman i know u didnt get the brochure for nothing so will pay for the a copy machine copy of it.appreciate the answers.
ps hope i didnt offend any 026 owners as its a matter of preference more than anything else. the 26 is starting to fit the category i described. later now.concerning the 350 saw on ebay
i think that approaching what they are really worth

Last edited:
my oppinion ! the 38 is much better than the 44 & 28 is much better than the 26.Just might have to do some traveling to find new ones.

huskyman

Just to clarify, the 038Magnum has 4.4 c.i., same as the 044. I think the 038Super was 3.9c.i. I agree, the 038Magnum was a stellar saw. The 044 has a better air filter system though.

I believe the 038 Magnum has 1-2 more cc's than the 044. Actually it is kind of stupid and confusing. They should have renamed the 038.

Its just the 038 was hand built to last. I know everyone loves the 044, But I guess I do also there always in for repairs.

Latest posts

Back