Info on older saw.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Knotdodger

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I have a Old saw that say's , Jet Star on it. Light Orange in color. I cant find any other markings on it. Needs some carb work for sure. Other than that it is great shape. I have been to the Acres site. No luck there. My dad thought it was Canadian made. Not to sure though. I will have to post pics tommarow. Saw was left at work today. Looks close to a Mac 50. I will have pics and model # tomarrow.

Thanks

I have a Old saw that say's , Jet Star on it. Light Orange in color. I cant find any other markings on it. Needs some carb work for sure. Other than that it is great shape. I have been to the Acres site. No luck there. My dad thought it was Canadian made. Not to sure though. I will have to post pics tommarow. Saw was left at work today. Looks close to a Mac 50. I will have pics and model # tomarrow.

Thanks

Made by Minneapolis Moline? LOL! I can't find any info on it either. :cheers:

Looks like a West Bend engine

Look for a model number stamped on the engine shroud or on a tag on the engine and we can tell you what displacement

If it is a West Bend the first two digits are the displacement in Cubic inches

Last edited:
I just bought a mono saw from a antique shop for 25 bucks. It didn't spark or anthing but i fixed it up and it runs nice now.

I bought mine form a fella deep in the woods. brought it home emptied old fuel filled with new and new plug and it fired right up. Its even in pretty good shape.

when i got my mono there was no spark so i took the flywheel off and cleaned the rust off the magnets and cleaned the rust off the armature. after i put it together it had a hot blue spark. then i got that fuel tank rust remover and liner and cleaned the rust out of the fuel tank and re-coated it. now she runs like a charm. found out it was a 79CC engine. Impressive for the size.

Back