info on right 60cc husky to beat a MS361

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zforce227

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hey guys new to the site but been cutting a long time.was out this past weekend with my NE346 and 575xp.and my bud had a MS361.the 346 was a bit slow vs the 361 and want to get a 60cc husky to fill the gap and run with if not beat the 361.i am looking for a used one running or not to do some mods to but still use cutting wood with for our home.like to do muffler mods,porting no big bore stuff.dont want to make it unfair to the 361.i myself have worked on watercraft,selds,atv,mx bikes doing race mods to 2 and 4 stroke motors.so i look forward to building a killer little 60cc sleeper.just want to know what would be the best to start with.262xp,357xp,362or the 365sp any info would be great
thanks tim z

I think the 262 would be the best but maybe hard to find in good shape. A mufffler modded 357 should be enough to hang or beat your buds 361. The 361s are stout. Wanabe can post a vid of a muffler modded 361 beating his ported 346 by a few seconds. While his 346 was fast, the 361 showed it's power in the bigger CC's. Keep your chain sharp and practice a few cookie cuts with a timer to see where your saws sweet spot is.

Last edited:
Husky has just come out with a new 60cc saw...the Trollmaster 6000...see it at your local dealer...in theaters just in time for the holidays.

The Stihl equivalent will be the Supertroll 6061-T6...

Husky has just come out with a new 60cc saw...the Trollmaster 6000...see it at your local dealer...in theaters just in time for the holidays.

Do any of those Trollmasters run on regular pump fuel?

Info on 60 cc saw

Get a Husky 357xp and do your mods to it. Your freind will be very supprised when he get beat by a 50 cc saw!

p1010039dn2.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Actually, they both are based on the MS361xp, with a modded 262xp engine and air injection.....:clap: :clap:

Husky actually bought Stihl a while ago, but it isn't official yet.

Do any of those Trollmasters run on regular pump fuel?

Aspen only.....:chainsaw:

Last edited:
Actually, they both are based on the MS361xp, with a modded 262xp engine and air injection.....:clap: :clap:
Now who would want to screw up a 361 like that? You could name it a XP then, it would be slower.

Husky actually bought Stihl a while ago, but it isn't official yet.

They could never afford Stihl, remember Stihl is the #1 brand of chainsaws.

A stock 262xp will beat the 361. Or you can buy a 359 and do muffler mod and a woods port. Probably best bang for the buck. A 262XP in good shape is very sought after and hard to get.

A stock 262xp will beat the 361. Or you can buy a 359 and do muffler mod and a woods port. Probably best bang for the buck. A 262XP in good shape is very sought after and hard to get.

:agree2:
The 359 would be the route I would take. After buying the saw and having it ported, you will have spent less than a new 357 and have a strong sleeper 359.

If you think you are better at chain sharpening than your buddy, a 357 will do too. Actually the difference between all these saws
is so small that the sharpest chain will win, definately. A Husky run at the sweet spot is hard to beat for a cc competitor.
Pay attention to the rpm in the cut and you will be the winner.

If you think you are better at chain sharpening than your buddy, a 357 will do too. Actually the difference between all these saws
is so small that the sharpest chain will win, definately. A Husky run at the sweet spot is hard to beat for a cc competitor.

Man makes sense, gotta agree.

If that doesn't work, and you're dead set on kicking butt, suggest applying a beat up Husky 359 label to a 268XP and smoke 'em.

Take Care

Get a $350 Makita DCS-6401 and some orange paint, Husky decals and a Husky bar. That'll do the trick.

Not really comparable, at 64cc and a lot more weight.......

The 362xp and 365 disqualifies as well on weight (both, but not to the same extent as the 6400), and cc (365).

Last edited:

:agree2: I think this is very true. I use my 357XP w/ 18" b/c more than any other saw I have, the power is good (even with the bar fully buried) and as mentioned above if you mind the rev's, I bet stock to stock saw, they would be close and go toe to toe, the faster through would probably be the one with the better / properly sharpened chain or due to the men pulling the triggers.

Get a $350 Makita DCS-6401 and some orange paint, Husky decals and a Husky bar. That'll do the trick.

Stock 357XP (with well used Stihl RS but sharp chain) is faster through the blocks than the 64cc Dolmar in Makita skin (with new sharp LGX chain), I have tried it a few times in blocks up to roughly 17" diameter (didn't try anything bigger). The Makita is a nice saw, just a little slower and a tad heavier as noted by SawTroll.

Stihl gents I don't think the type of chain was the difference!:cheers:

Back