info on right 60cc husky to beat a MS361

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
you guys are making me feel good about the decision to pick up that 262xp a few weeks back. i havent had the chance to really run her yet, but what little i did use it it seemed strong.

You will like the 262 if it is running strong, that saw is still pretty much the king of the 60cc class even though it was first made 18yrs ago.
Antivibe could be better, saw could be smoother but for relatively old technology it can match new machinery very well.
It was basically a factory hotsaw designed and made before emissions and other stuff became more important than performance in the cut.

Stock 357XP (with well used Stihl RS but sharp chain) is faster through the blocks than the 64cc Dolmar in Makita skin (with new sharp LGX chain), I have tried it a few times in blocks up to roughly 17" diameter (didn't try anything bigger). The Makita is a nice saw, just a little slower and a tad heavier as noted by SawTroll.

Stihl gents I don't think the type of chain was the difference!:cheers:

This is interesting as I have found the Husky to be faster too, but thought it might have been due to different chains on each. The makita has more torque, but the husky just finds a real sweet spot of high RPM power. I would like to compare with a 361 some day.

This is interesting as I have found the Husky to be faster too, but thought it might have been due to different chains on each. The makita has more torque, but the husky just finds a real sweet spot of high RPM power. I would like to compare with a 361 some day.

The 6400 has a "simpler" engine design than the 357xp and MS361, and it is no surprice that it looses in wood (and a user) that allow high rpms in the cut, even though it has a higher max hp.

Remember that what cut the wood is the cutter and the chain speed, not the hp or torque number.......:)

Last edited:
The real sleeper would be a 261 rebuilt as a 262xp (piston, muffler and clutch is all it takes).

No... the real sleeper is the 257 with a 262xp p/c, no need for muffler change (same),carb is the same as 262 and the 257 clutch takes less HP to spin and works just fine unless you lean on it a little too hard.

You could always build a 346xp to take-on the 361.

Take one of those 50cc P/C and work on it!

p101001508mp1.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Great Time Saving Idea

Just go out and buy a 361 .everyone is allways trying to improve on perfection

women were perfect till god gave them vocal cords.....:hmm3grin2orange:

There was 2 nice ones on Ebay.co.uk last week, they seem to go for about £120 or so, these ones looked very clean and had original bars with orange husky logo.

My stock 357 XP out cuts my previuse stock 361 not a lot in it but the husky is a bit faster.

Latest posts

Back