Inside the 372XP X-TORQ

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you want a race saw, go to someone that builds race saws. If you want a work saw, I think my reputation speaks for itself. Bottom line, I'm not competing with any other builder. I've actually referred people to other builders for particular models. The 7900/681 is one the Jimmy from Nebraska has really cracked the code on. No secret there. I'm not here to pull the wool over anyone's eyes.

And that's good enough for many and why you have and will always have enough work to keep you busy. But...I still ask the question and will continue to make this point. I'm not going where you are hinting on your last post, not my style and none of my business and I certainly don't know enough specifics to say a damn thing online. See that is the difference between me and others. If I post it, either I will qualify my knowledge or simply won't say anything in those subjective area's. One thing you can take to the bank, my opinion relative to charging dollars for modifying anything is based simply on my experience with racing for almost as many years as you have been alive and would say the same to any and all who would play in this performance building arena. All I know about a variety of saw builders to this point is what I read and see here. And what I see with my own saws, at my GTG's and the other GTG's I have attended. I tend to work on empirical data when it comes to performance. Spent way too many years in the performance world to do anything else.

Last edited:
SO, whats the final conclusion on the 372XT? The one I had was a turd, mabie I got a lemon saw.

Right here.

Well after Brad ripped all remaining hair from his head he managed to get my 372 X-Torq back together and running strong:):clap::rock:. I commend his efforts as this project was not an easy one. I knew full well what the possible issues could be going into this ordeal, but Brad has been nothing short of spectacular to work with.

I got a new 24” 3/8 .050 bar and a new loop of Stihl RSC. I figured its Christmas time I’ll splurge a little bit:). I was like the stereotypical kid in the candy store when the Husqvarna box came lol. I fit her up, filed the tanks and got a wet weight of 16.8lbs (That’s with 2cycle and bar oil). I think this is the perfect combo for this saw very balanced and easy to maneuver into any position. For me, its more than “all day useable” meaning the likely hood of fatigue is very low, at least from my standpoint

Choke on, decomp valve pressed, two rips of the starter cord and a sputter. Choke in one rip and shes running. When I pulled the starter cord, the feeling was similar to my 390, felt like the motor has higher compression. Brad do you have a compression number for it? The sound at idle is unique. It’s a little rough like a big block with a lumpy cam in it and has the same tone as a snowmobile with a race pipe on it. Sorry, but that’s the best I can explain it lol. I gave her a long warm up 2mins plus if I had to guess, it was cold Saturday morning. Throttle response is nice and snappy, and NO VIBRATION even with the bar tip buried there was no chatter at all. Husky Nailed the AV system on this saw as far as im concerned…Now as much as I like the saw someone needs to KICK Husqvarna in the teeth for putting these pathetic dawgs on there saws…Husqvarna, Get it together already! These things SUCK!!!:chainsaw::censored::taped: No other way to put it.

Now for the bad news…my camera that had some good pics on it and a short video went through the chipper!!!...ChipMonger was non to thrilled, the groundie who was responsible has replaced the camera

Sat was the true test. Felling, limbing, bucking, and chipping brush of 23 (yup the number went up) Swamp maple and ash trees. First victim was a large swamp maple about 60-70 feet. Face made, back bared the back cut, boom tree hit the ground. I was a little amazed at this point because the speed was almost on par with my snellerized 390. Mind you I run either a 28” or 36” on my 390 with Stihl full-skip, and the 372 wears a 24” and full comp RSC, so I need to set up a test with the 24” and RSC on both saws. Anyway, I bucked up the log and limbed it with the same results…Lots of speed. Previous to me getting the saw Brad had run approx 2 tanks through it. By about the 5-6 tank she started to open her eyes and wake up. Currently the saw has 8 tanks through it and it keeps getting better.

Fuel usage isn’t bad, that being said I don’t care if I burn 2 gallons an hour as long as a lot of wood is hitting the ground, and that it was. After refueling the saw needs to be choked to start it, I spoke with Brad, and its in the tune, he told me what to adjust and that problem is fixed. The ergonomics of the saw, for me, are great the starter side of the saw has ample room for large hands such as mine. Id like to get a full wrap for the 372, does anyone know if a fullwrap is available?

Overall im very pleased with the saw. I think as she continues to break in the power will increase slightly. I’ll get some more pics this weekend, and will do my best to get a video up as well, but it might have to wait.

By all means if anyone has questions please ask. Thanks for reading.

I couldn't get my 372Xt to idle. top end was fine but it wouldn't idle at the same rpm twice. Every time you would let off the throttle it would be very rich at idle then would lean out by itself. I replaced the carb and that problem was cured but then it would die when the saw was tipped vertically bar down. The saw was pressure and vac tested but no leaks. Poss bad-lot of carbs. I tried a muffler mod and the saw got weaker??????:confused:
It prolly a good saw if it had a better quality carb on it.

I couldn't get my 372Xt to idle. top end was fine but it wouldn't idle at the same rpm twice. Every time you would let off the throttle it would be very rich at idle then would lean out by itself. I replaced the carb and that problem was cured but then it would die when the saw was tipped vertically bar down. The saw was pressure and vac tested but no leaks. Poss bad-lot of carbs. I tried a muffler mod and the saw got weaker??????:confused:
It prolly a good saw if it had a better quality carb on it.

I didn't experience any of those symptoms. Of course I only put a couple tanks of fuel through it, and did not run it at all stock.

Brad, what cologne do you wear? The reason I ask, is that every time you start a thread, it goes to hell. Wondering if the cologne sends of negative pheromones and makes the neighborhood dogs' want to fight? :laugh:

Either that or you were born with a target shaped birthmark on your back. :dunno:

Brad, what cologne do you wear? The reason I ask, is that every time you start a thread, it goes to hell. Wondering if the cologne sends of negative pheromones and makes the neighborhood dogs' want to fight? :laugh:

Either that or you were born with a target shaped birthmark on your back. :dunno:

Only one word comes to mind. Of course if I typed it, they'd be on my back again, lol. I'm told that if they're shooting at you, you must be doing something right:clap:

Could be a bit of jealousy?

Anybody else get ice after snow today? The way it looks they'll be plenty of saw work arou
PHP:
nd here for a week or so.,

Latest posts

Back