Inside the Husqvarna 550XP

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Putting mine in now....:popcorn:

LOL

Here she is. Looks like I picked up a couple seconds give or take. This is by no means scientific, chain hasn't been touched in 23 minutes of cut time. Over all I'm impressed, the throttle response is spot on and holds very well in the cut. After putting a couple more tanks through it and adjusting the ignition timing another vid will probable follow.

[video=youtube_share;a8fwFsFUVKI]http://youtu.be/a8fwFsFUVKI[/video]

Heading to town in the morning if your brain is available for picking, I'll stop.

Only thing accomplished today was the piston work. I got destracted by a big block Chevy on Craigslist. Made two stops for fuel on the way home:taped:

There were plenty of big block Chevys only a couple miles away from you on Saturday afternoon..................

There were plenty of big block Chevys only a couple miles away from you on Saturday afternoon..................

I'm so happy you're speaking with me sir :msp_sad: I got side tracked and the wife expressed that she needed some attention...speaking of that notion was just repeated. Be back later.

Looks good. I may have missed it somewhere but are you runnin the 3/8?

Dang, that lil' sucker sounds mighty pissed at that log.

Looks REAL good, I'm thinking a 70-class version would put Husky in a very commanding position.

Did a 562xp get smashed? :msp_scared:

Yes but I had ordered a new P&C for the stock 562 440 361 372 comparison vid. Went a long way to try to make it fair :dizzy:

Width body 6 5/8
width handle 8 3/4
length 15 5/8

width body 6 3/8
width handle 8 1/2
length 16 7/8

Explanation

4bf5a117-1212-93ce.jpg

4bf5a117-1222-1f63.jpg

This is the way I understand it. Seems to be one valve that feeds one circuit. When the throttle is closed, and the microprocessor know that it is, the main jet nozzle closes. When the throttle is wide open the main nozzle opens and the processor orients its self off the throttle position. To me it explains the throttle position sensor input, basically changing the computers fuel curve.

This is all educated guess of course.

This is the way I understand it. Seems to be one valve that feeds one circuit. When the throttle is closed, and the microprocessor know that it is, the main jet nozzle closes. When the throttle is wide open the main nozzle opens and the processor orients its self off the throttle position. To me it explains the throttle position sensor input, basically changing the computers fuel curve.

This is all educated guess of course.

Yes, but it doesn't tell what the other inputs to the system is, or where they come from - only the tecnical function of the carb.

Latest posts

Back