Installed wood boiler pictures ?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

robsco

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I just installed a new outdoor boiler this fall and am looking for ideas on incorporating it into an outdoor garage / wood shed. If anyone has pics of a similar setup or ideas they would be greatly appreciated.

I placed my owb about 6ft from an existing shed and it works very well. I just wheel the wood out the man door with a wheelbarrow. If you put it inside a building you have an issue with smoke from opening the door and possibly a problem with fire insurance on that building. It will also take up valuable square footage inside that could be used for wood storage. Just my opinion.

My logic in placing inside is to have a nice dry warm place to load furnace. It seems the heat lost off the furnace would heat the garage. Smoke is my biggest concern but there are lots of boilers manufactured for indoor use. Maybe these are designed different, not sure.

I would doubt you would get enough radiant heat off the unit to heat the garage unless the garage was well insulated and fairly airtight. But then the smoke could not escape very well. If you are getting that much radiant heat then the owb needs to be better insulated. The only area on my Central Boiler that would give off any heat is the outer area of the door that is not insulated.

As far as having a dry place to load, it would be nice but once I have the wood in the wheelbarrow I am only actually loading for a minute or 2 twice a day. I am already dressed for the weather so it is a non issue for me. Again, just my opinion, this is my 10th season with the owb and I have been the only one loading it except for a very few times.

Last edited:
166922d1294037332-cb0023-jpg
Here is a older picture of mine.

Latest posts

Back