Insurance premiums

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Spotted Owl

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
Maybe you already know this, but if not you may want to check into it. Everyone knows about the health care reform in congress right now. LET'S NOT GET POLITICAL ON THIS. If it passes it will effect every type of insurance out there. Mrs was talking to our agent this afternoon and got the word. The insurance world is a spider web one thing effects others. With what is coming down the pike everything from, auto, life, homeowners, business, everything is going to be effected. Our agent contacted us about this and told/warned about the premium increases to expect(on a couple very specific things) if this bill passes and is signed in. If this comes to light I know we will have to think really hard about some of the things we do now. If it come as she described I know some of those things will be in the past do to premium increase.

I don't know it may be worth of phone call for you to find out something a head of time instead of being blind sided(especially if you have employees). I hope for many many reasons that she is wrong. She doesn't do this often though. Last time she called she was right on the money with in a hundred of the increase.

Owl

Crap.

I wonder what's gonna happen to workers comp coverage costs...

Thanks for the heads up!!!
I completely forgot about that one, as I just expect it to go up every year a bit.

Stay safe!
Dingeryote

My health insurance premiums go up this year regardless. I have not heard of them ever going down.

Not complaining, it is good to have a job, but we get raises of 3% then health insurance goes up 11%. I don't know the answer. I think there is one but would be very unpopular on this forum, so will shut up. :taped:

Actually the idea of insurance is to "spread the cost". If everyone pays, then the cost goes DOWN!

This is like auto insurance. Everyone must pay, so the cost is affordable.

And there is actually a test case for mandatory health insurance and a story about what you can expect...

Since 1974, Hawaii has required all employers to provide health care benefits to employees. Seems to be working quite well there...

Here is the story...
http://www.nytimes.com/2009/10/17/health/policy/17hawaii.html

Ouch yup heard about this yesterday from one of my buds who is an electrical contractor his work comp is going up $32,000 next year and unemployment ins is going up $8,000. I dont see how he can try absorbing those costs and he is a small company to boot its bad.

Me I am lucky in many ways I dont have to participate in work comp or unemployment, since I am part owner of my company I get to opt out (so far....) since I dont have employees any more.

Kansas

My health insurance premiums go up this year regardless. I have not heard of them ever going down.

Not complaining, it is good to have a job, but we get raises of 3% then health insurance goes up 11%. I don't know the answer. I think there is one but would be very unpopular on this forum, so will shut up. :taped:

You won't be unpopular with me or I think with alot of people. I got a couple answers my self but I'm gonna follow your lead and zip it up.

Owl

Latest posts

Back