Interesting chain sharpener

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Do a search in the chainsaw forum.....there are a few threads about them.....They do work well....ideal for infrequent users who don't know how to sharpen with a file....IMHO......

Thanks for the info. I didnt think about doing a search before posting to see if anyone posted it before.

Self sharpening

They actually made a saw at one time that had a stone made in the saw. You would push a button when running the saw to sharpen it.

I could see it's utility for a crap saw, (the nasty one that you use for things that you'd never use an expensive saw/chain for, for me my Craftsman/Poulan). If the bar/chain/sharpener didn't cost about as much as the saw did, I'd get it. It would be handy for stump removal, cedars and cleaning up fence lines. Anymore that's about the only time I fire mine up, unless it's just a maintenance run to keep everything reciprocating... Now, make that combo about $25-40 and I'd get it anyway, just to throw away the small files and only have one chain to keep track of,... :msp_wub:

I could see it's utility for a crap saw, (the nasty one that you use for things that you'd never use an expensive saw/chain for, for me my Craftsman/Poulan). If the bar/chain/sharpener didn't cost about as much as the saw did, I'd get it. It would be handy for stump removal, cedars and cleaning up fence lines. Anymore that's about the only time I fire mine up, unless it's just a maintenance run to keep everything reciprocating... Now, make that combo about $25-40 and I'd get it anyway, just to throw away the small files and only have one chain to keep track of,... :msp_wub:

That's exactly why & what I just did on my old craftsman after HD had Bar/chain combo for $25 instead of $60 over the holidays.
I've run a few tank fulls on misc junk and to start on the THOUSANDS (or maybe it just seems like it) of downed limbs from the Halloween snow storm. It works pretty well & I was VERY doubtful beforehand. I also was looking for a shorter bar. Maybe I still NEED another saw!

That's exactly why & what I just did on my old craftsman after HD had Bar/chain combo for $25 instead of $60 over the holidays.
I've run a few tank fulls on misc junk and to start on the THOUSANDS (or maybe it just seems like it) of downed limbs from the Halloween snow storm. It works pretty well & I was VERY doubtful beforehand. I also was looking for a shorter bar. Maybe I still NEED another saw!

Careful, when CAD sets in, another saw will turn into 5 more,... LOL Stay away from the GTG's at a;; cost, if you don't want to go broke buying toys.... I thought I needed 1 more saw, then I went to an awesome GTG. NOW I need 4 more,...:cheers:

Back