Intresting Trees

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Heres a few more,
AMAZING TREES...These Trees are a real work of art.
The original planter must have had the patience of Job.
These trees where grown in Santa Cruz CA,
The year I don't know, but the man that grew them
Never told any one how he did it.
Then in around 1999, the owner of Nob Hill Foods
In Gilroy CA moved them to his park in Gilroy
And they are doing well.

That would definatly take patience. We would probably all laugh at a first few years to see what he must have put the trees through. I kinda want to go try it.

I assume you saw that in Dec 2006 Arborist News?

Tree1 is the only one I looked at. I seem to remember reading that trees like this were cultivated like a vine, growing around another tree.

Hey,

The pictures are of a group of famous trees that were created by a fellow named Axel Earlandson. He began in the 1920's and eventually had his own theme park "The Tree Circus". The best of his work is now in a theme park in Califiornia.

All of the trees were created by grafting.

There is a great book out there if you are interested called:

"How to Grow a Chair The Art of Tree Trunk Topiary" by Richard Reames and Barbara Delbol.

Richard is an aquaintence of mine and a very intereswting fellow. His garden is way cool with things like water spigots that emerge from a tree trunk and tool handles that are grown through the tool heads (super strong when harvested). He is also growing a house...or was when I last visited.

Check out his web site: http://www.arborsmith.com/

There are a lot of cool tree people out there eh?

Scott

Wow!! I just might have to try my own hand. I used the link and I have some old tools which I cant find shafts for.

Latest posts

Back