Introducing Brand New Wood Furnace to Market - The Drolet Tundra!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How often do you clean the after burner tubes on your tundra?

Ive been researching getting a wood furnace again and have read this whole thread on the tundra and am thinking about getting one but am also going to look at the caddy too.

I have a question about possibly burning some corn on the cob in this furnace also. I have a limited supply of wood that I can cut per year on my property and I want to avoid having to buy much wood but i have the room and equipment to grow a couple acres of field corn every year.

What Im thinking is that i could mix in maybe 25% or so of dried corn on the cob in with my seasoned black locust when i load it up?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Ive been researching getting a wood furnace again and have read this whole thread on the tundra and am thinking about getting one but am also going to look at the caddy too.

I have a question about possibly burning some corn on the cob in this furnace also. I have a limited supply of wood that I can cut per year on my property and I want to avoid having to buy much wood but i have the room and equipment to grow a couple acres of field corn every year.

What Im thinking is that i could mix in maybe 25% or so of dried corn on the cob in with my seasoned black locust when i load it up?

I imagine you could but...I'd grow the corn, get a feeder calf, buy some bales, fatten that dude up, sell him, buy whatever wood ya need....

I have a pasture and already raise feeder steer for myself but i finish them on alf/clvr/grass and almost no grain.

I have a pasture and already raise feeder steer for myself but i finish them on alf/clvr/grass and almost no grain.

Ya, I like the all grass fed myself, that's what I raise, but a lot of folks like that extra fat/marbling.

I don't see why they wouldn't burn great... With corn the big thing is moisture ..you gotta get it down to an acceptable level especially if you want decent secondary combustion otherwise it will smolder

The byproducts of burning corn can be very corrosive. I don't know if I would attempt it.

Well it is 34 degrees here in north mn. Time to start burning again. Hope it is a better winter then last year.

Thanks for the respose guys. I plan on going to look at a caddy this week and menards is running there 11% rebate right now so if i decide on tbe tundra I have to get it by the end of the week.

If I get one of these two i may just buy a few bushes of corn/cob to try out before i plant for next years supply.

Thanks for the respose guys. I plan on going to look at a caddy this week and menards is running there 11% rebate right now so if i decide on tbe tundra I have to get it by the end of the week.

If I get one of these two i may just buy a few bushes of corn/cob to try out before i plant for next years supply.

when I bought mine I got it from menards also because they included the filter kit with it. Not sure if they still do though.

Yeah they still include it. $1799 and almost $200 off for the rebate.

Yeah they still include it. $1799 and almost $200 off for the rebate.

yeah. That's a pretty good deal. I picked mine up at the local store after they shipped it next day, but I'm only 60 miles from their main office and distribution center.

15-20 degree friday here in nw mn. Way to early for this.

Anybody know what's up with the Tundra? I told someone to check 'em out at Menerds, but now they don't list them on their site anymore. I just checked at the Northern tool site, it said no longer available...?

Latest posts

Back