Introducing the new Log Splitter Line from DHT (Dirty Hand Tools)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think you will find the machine welds better with what the do than does human. The human cannot move with the constant motion the machine. If there are "huge craters" in the welds and a machine did it, the machine was not set right. On a production line the machine welder will do a better job.

I'm not going down without a fight! ;)

MVC-019S_45.JPG

DHT model in AUS

Here is the private label we make for the AUS market. This is real hard wood.....

Why I would be embarrassed to post such chicken sratchen on a public forum!:hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange:

I agree Kevin 1 - machine 0 Nice work!

I do agree. Very nice welding. Not to puff myself up but I can do that also. But we're one or two out of thousands. I've also seen to many welds from machines to compete with quality and speed. Still, good work.

Maybe I missed it, but do these have auto return functionality?

Pull the valve handle into reverse and it stays in detent until the cylinder is retracted. You don't need to hold it in reverse, you do need to hold it to move forward.

What is Width?

Please, can you tell me what the width of this log splitter is?

Thanks,

Ted

The width of the splitter, hub cap to hub cap is just about 48".

Yes, we will have a 35 ton, but it is still in development. We are toying with several ideas and concepts to increase productivity. We don't want to just bolt a 5" cylinder on and call it good. It will probably be a 2014 launch as we need time to ensure it is right before we put it in customers hands.

Might be a good idea to put a heavy metal plate with gussets on top of the filter. I know from experience i would have broke that many times.

We have yet to get a call about this on our design as the filter is forward of the stripper plates, but I hear what you are saying....and I can promise I'll try and incorporate this into the future designs. This is why we like being part of this forum. Thanks,
DHT

The width of the splitter, hub cap to hub cap is just about 48".

Yes, we will have a 35 ton, but it is still in development. We are toying with several ideas and concepts to increase productivity. We don't want to just bolt a 5" cylinder on and call it good. It will probably be a 2014 launch as we need time to ensure it is right before we put it in customers hands.

You could drop a 35 ton off to me for some testing if you want.:msp_thumbsup:

Update

Hello,
Called the Highland N.Y. TSC yesterday and they said that they had 2 units that had not been assembled yet and will be ready this weekend...they have not sold any units yet and all they have is two....I was ready to drive three hours to look at one but if these are the first two out the door...I think I will wait a while.

Hello,
Called the Highland N.Y. TSC yesterday and they said that they had 2 units that had not been assembled yet and will be ready this weekend...they have not sold any units yet and all they have is two....I was ready to drive three hours to look at one but if these are the first two out the door...I think I will wait a while.

Why wait, wont the second two be identical to the first two??

Heck, maybe they will give you a discount if you do the assembling!

Why wait, wont the second two be identical to the first two??

Heck, maybe they will give you a discount if you do the assembling!
Dont want to drive another 3 hours if I have problems with this thing...TSC in Mass wont honor waranty...I need a splitter this year and this one seems ok but I dont want to be the one that takes one for the team...still looking on craigslist and thinking about the Huskees

Dont want to drive another 3 hours if I have problems with this thing...TSC in Mass wont honor waranty...I need a splitter this year and this one seems ok but I dont want to be the one that takes one for the team...still looking on craigslist and thinking about the Huskees

what about rindge or walpole NH? definetly less than 3 hours from spencer...

Latest posts

Back