Introducing the Stihl MS201TC - MTronic

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Only $10! I got this one for $589.
I would think the price tag in Norway is something between 900-1000$ for the new 201TC. Did a price check on the 201 CM, 1110$ :envy:, TC is normally 80-100$ more expensive....

I've never understood why they have to ship them two times around the earth before they arrive this land

It sound in the little video to Brad, that the trottle respons is improved alot.
Throttle response is like lightning, right out of the box!

I Stihl like the 150 better
I love mine, but it's no replacement for a 201 if you're doing lots of tree removals. You'll want the power of the 201.

That small box sure will reduce shipping prices US-AUS. We got our own bars ;-)
When do you want yours ;)

When do you want yours ;)

I still got one pretty good 200T and a 201 you modded for me which I use both daily, and another 200T which is getting a little tired. Sold another 200T that was getting tired a couple months back. It's still only early on in the year and I already bought too many saws :-( Got a 241cm couple months back too which was nice. Was kinda looking at a 661 cause one of my 660s is getting a little tired too. But I'm keeping an eye on this thread. Only just realized today that there is such a thing as a 201tc.

I've had pretty good luck with my mtronics, got a few 441s that have all been good. 241 seems to be great too with only a muff mod. No reasong to think an mtronic 201 would be anything less than great. Those tiny carbs cause so many problems though. Gremlins or whatever

Thread was dated Nov 2014. So not a bad timeline to get here.

DSC09696%20(Medium).JPG

That's a lot of cash for saw that size, especially if you don't climb. From Brad's previous comparisons of top handle saws, and my experience with the brand, I'd likely choose an Echo top handle, and seriously consider one, even if I climbed. You just get more for your money IMHO.

Well this may be the deal clencher. I was set on the T540 as it was a good bit cheaper than a "fixed" MS201 but if this doesn't need fixed out of the box, then a 201CM will be it.

Well this may be the deal clencher. I was set on the T540 as it was a good bit cheaper than a "fixed" MS201 but if this doesn't need fixed out of the box, then a 201CM will be it.
l would NOT get a 540t, not brand bashing as l have a few huskies and there great but they have never build a good TH saw and the 540 is no exception. Even the non tc 201's are good saws, much smoother than the 200's. l would like a 200 jug & slug in a 201 saw....but that would be too perfect.

Back