Introducing the Stihl MS201TC - MTronic

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Has anyone even ported one that's the question I have?
It was an assumption. One based on if he can get his hands on it, he can't leave well enough alone. Good chance he's ported a Carbon Fibre Stihl as well.
The 1/4 picco .043 chain has been the fastest chain for me for carving. If the 170 went a few more rpm, it would have been lethal. Now my 200 (finally) runs right, I've considered putting that chain and bar on it but it does work really well with the .050. Every time I'm in the shop I wonder if we could squeeze a little more out of a 150. It would help a little when working at shoulder height. I'm just finding now, when your beating away for 8 hours a day, you've gotta be able to work efficiently. Otherwise all your doing is playing and working for Stihl.

Yeah no kidding. I asked the guy about what the Stihl Rep said about waiting for the 201TC and the guy said "Yeah we're not getting any 201TC's until all the 201Ts are gone..."
I should have told him that if I'm spending around $600 you better get me what I want. I just wanted to make sure the TC was worth waiting for and worth the hassle of exchanging them.

You could sell both. Some people prefer manual adjusting, some are afraid of a cpu, so there is a market for both.

Out of the box the m-tronic responds like the 200t.

I have an adjustable 201T Brad did. I bought the MTronic one and while it ripped right outta the box the adjustable could be tuned to run stronger with the same mods so i sold the MTronic and bought another adjustable one .

It was an assumption. One based on if he can get his hands on it, he can't leave well enough alone. Good chance he's ported a Carbon Fibre Stihl as well.
The 1/4 picco .043 chain has been the fastest chain for me for carving. If the 170 went a few more rpm, it would have been lethal. Now my 200 (finally) runs right, I've considered putting that chain and bar on it but it does work really well with the .050. Every time I'm in the shop I wonder if we could squeeze a little more out of a 150. It would help a little when working at shoulder height. I'm just finding now, when your beating away for 8 hours a day, you've gotta be able to work efficiently. Otherwise all your doing is playing and working for Stihl.
I asked Brad about porting a 201T awhile ago & I do believe he said that he never did.

Very interesting and informative thread. Brad...if you didn't do mods and were like the 85% of us that don't, what 201 saw would you say you would buy knowing mods were not going to be performed?

Talked to my dealer today he's out of the 201t's ..and expecting the mtronic version in next couple of days.....so selling my 201t to get one...

Back