Iowa 2015 Fall GTG (October 17, 2015)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
20 foot bumper pull.
we can squeeze that about anywhere...

Nate, maybe I missed this earlier......are we having Breakfast at your shop? If so what can we bring? What time are we scheduled to start
the festivities? What would you like us to bring to share for Lunch? I will PM you cell #'s just in case.
Good day Fella's, Hi Ho off to work I go!
Yes I will assume that food will be in plentiful supply. I was going to try and find one of those really big flat iron LP grills so we could speed up the eggs, bacon, pancakes... etc. I'll try to find the time to put a corned beef in the oven again.

A few guys usually bring the deep fryers for Friday night dinner and we make deer meat, potatos, onions, etc. Breakfast and Lunch will depend on what people bring and what meat goes in the smoker... I might just put a bunch of chicken in the smoker on thursday and friday so the wife can make pulled chicken (bbq or not).

How about we do this... Start a list of people coming and what you're planning to bring for potluck breakfast/lunch. I'll figure out the meat for lunch.

:)

We have a sponsor for a "Dirty Wood Cutting" competiton!
$50 and a new Oregon LGX chain for the fastest saw through a heavily mud clad log
$50 for best in show

So bring your dirty wood cutting chain and saw!

What size log and type with dirt? Hope no rocks or sand.

Any rules?
The sponsor and I are figuring out rules for the race champ ($50 purse and a new oregon chain). Fastest chain through a dirty log could be race chain that is dull in 1 cut, so that doesn't really work to get the results. I was thinking more along the lines of the fastest chain through clean wood after 3-5 cuts in the dirty wood. More to come on this a little later.

I think the other $50 for "best in show" is a wild card determined by the audience. So get your santa suit out early, or think of something crazy to please the crowd!!!

(Evil!)

Can I use PowerSharp chain?

Philbert
use what you want but i already know the solution to this problem.

Shaun will love this idea since he hits nails and bullets with his chains anyhow... :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

How about driving a nail into the end of cant. First cut through the nail second cut in clean wood best total time wins. Worst case scenario.
I can see it now. All those Huskys be on the bench broken cause they cut a nail and now need to be worked on. Hope Nate has a big work bench!! LOL:D

They huskys will at least do the work and not be sitting in the truck crying like little cream sickles... :eek:
They aren't crying, they are tearing up from laughing that those Huskys are trying to do work!

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk 2

Someone (the winner) will have to post this in the you suck thread after the weekend is over...

The build begins... The bearings were ok and spun alright but figured I better do it right. OEM crank and new 6203 skf bearings.
b2e8ccf0b7a3955792ca0655241b2cc9.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back